Method 105 beadlocks

Rubiconchris

I have the opportunity to purchase 4 Method 105 beadlock 17x9 wheels for $800 from a friend. He had them on his JK. Never owned beadlocks before. It seems like a great deal. My stock JL Rubi rims are pretty banged up. And I wheel pretty often mostly rock crawling. I need some opinions if these are a good option for me. I daily drive my Jeep but have a car as well. What are some concerns I should be aware of? I'll be running my 35X12.50X17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on them. Will the back spacing and offset be a problem or benefit? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

Lots of folks run beadlocks on their DD's. Should be no issues whatsoever as long as you check them occasionally.

CalSgt

The main concern I would point out is that most tire shops won't touch them, shops that do will charge quite a bit. If you are handy with tools, and have the time and patients to work on your own stuff it's no big deal.

13_gecko_rubi

The main concern I would point out is that most tire shops won't touch them, shops that do will charge quite a bit. If you are handy with tools, and have the time and patients to work on your own stuff it's no big deal.
Most tire shops won't mount them. Never had a problem getting them balanced back when i used to actually do that lol

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 3.5" of back spacing is the only thing that I'm not fond of if only because of the wear and tear they'll put on your ball joints and unit bearings. Otherwise, lots of guys run them and they look nice too. Balancing them can be an issue as most shops (Discount Tire and the like) really don't want to deal with beadlocks but if you look around, you should be able to find someone who'll help you out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks dude your videos rock I turn people on to them all the time. Plan on making another Tazer video with all the updates? I really need to get one. I'd like to have total control of this JL. I opened the door when moving today to see my tires flex. Bad idea

LOL - parking brake engage?

I'd like to do an update video but we're pretty back logged right now. Maybe sometime soon.

13_gecko_rubi

Yes it did and quite violently. Thank God I was going slow. Plus I was crawling down this icy incline started sliding pretty good, tried to throttle up to straighten and was denied. And I was in 4lo. View attachment 8207

Sent from my HTC One M9 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
You were in 4LO? Autopark is (or should be) disabled in 4LO. Does your dash correctly show 4LO when you are in low range?

Sent via....