Hi everyone !! Here’s my question of the day

PUNKN8TR

I wanted to find out the specifics for flat towing the 2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon. I’m looking at bumper replacements that includes a blue ox attachment. I’ve got the blue Ox hitch on my RV but need JL braking info, lights hookup and specific JL set up requirements (neutral, auto park? ignition on?, shifter in park?) all that stuff so I don’t make any mistakes on my first time out. I’ve been towing my 04 TJ 5 speed for years and have now upgraded to the JL auto but I’m keeping the TJ cause it’s a TJ !!!. Thanks in advance for your comments.

dixonk

I flat tow mine although I use the steel bumper and use Roadmaster direct connect brackets and all terrain tow bar. For flat towing you simply put it in neutral and shift transfer case to neutral. Then put the shifter in P and turn off the ignition.

For tow harness and using your lights the Cooltech harness is awesome and has everything you need. For tow mode you flip the switch to tow and when you disconnect you flip the toggle back to Jeep. It also has a battery charger that keeps your jeeps battery topped off while towing.

Supplemental braking is your preference. I am currently using a brake buddy classic but it doesn’t fit in the JL floorboard correctly so I will probably put it up for sale soon and go with the invisibrake system.

With my Class C I cant even tell it’s back there.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CalSgt

Hi... Maximus 3 makes some tow points for the factory steel bumpers as an option, I don't flat tow so I have no real experience with them.