Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Axle Differential Fluid Change - How to do it Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Oh... thats probably something to do with the VOC's just like automotive paint, and the real good -30 degree windshield washer fluid. Some of the brake cleaners are CA approved but not all.
    Yeah those ones suck. Lol

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block LauraRose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    I wish I could order fluids on amazon. Stupid California.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    At least you guys in CA can legally run beadlocks on the road, Stupid Pennsylvania...lol

Laura Rose from PA

Quote Originally Posted by LauraRose View Post
    At least you guys in CA can legally run beadlocks on the road, Stupid Pennsylvania...lol

Laura Rose from PA
    Not really. The ones most people run are not DOT approved.

Lightbulb

Not really. The ones most people run are not DOT approved.

HMMM, I wasn't aware of that. I have been wondering whether anyone ever gets pulled over for running them, or cited for it after being pulled over for something else. I'm tempted to get a set and just keep a monthly torque log in my glove box. Do you have any thoughts on this? Do you run beadlocks? Thanks for your input!

HMMM, I wasn't aware of that. I have been wondering whether anyone ever gets pulled over for running them, or cited for it after being pulled over for something else. I'm tempted to get a set and just keep a monthly torque log in my glove box. Do you have any thoughts on this? Do you run beadlocks? Thanks for your input!
    Torque log for what? Iíve been running them for years with no issues.

Fresh Catch
    I don't know about Pennsylvania, but the CHP would not care if you kept a maintenance log... If they are going to write you the ticket for beadlocks, then they write the ticket.

I think the fashion trend with most aftermarket wheels having the fake bolts on them has desensitized cops (all people) to the appearance of beadlocks, most people couldn't tell you if they are real or not.

It's a gamble...

Laura Rose from PA
    As mentioned, I don't think a vast majority of beadlocks are technically legal anywhere. There are only a couple that I know of that are DOT approved.

I don't know about Pennsylvania, but the CHP would not care if you kept a maintenance log... If they are going to write you the ticket for beadlocks, then they write the ticket.

I think the fashion trend with most aftermarket wheels having the fake bolts on them has desensitized cops (all people) to the appearance of beadlocks, most people couldn't tell you if they are real or not.

It's a gamble...
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As mentioned, I don't think a vast majority of beadlocks are technically legal anywhere. There are only a couple that I know of that are DOT approved.

I read somewhere online that if you are involved in an accident and it is discovered that there was a ring failure, a torque log MIGHT save your ass. But I guess if beadlocks aren't legal, the torque log would only be good for wiping your ass...

I read somewhere online that if you are involved in an accident and it is discovered that there was a ring failure, a torque log MIGHT save your ass. But I guess if beadlocks aren't legal, the torque log would only be good for wiping your ass...
    Back in the day, beadlocks were a lot riskier but on most newer beadlocks, a ring failure is pretty unlikely but always possible.

It's a gamble...
    Back in the day, beadlocks were a lot riskier but on most newer beadlocks, a ring failure is pretty unlikely but always possible.
    Noted...thanks guys for the info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123