Rock Sliders

Davidmontalvo

PS..speaking of frame bolts been reading that people are breaking those off trying to get them off. I know they use thread lock but what bolts rating are they that is easily snapped? The key from what I have read is patience and tighten,loosen tighten etc and go slow. Good thing I saw that because I would have just impacted them off like on my TJ.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I just installed a set of Westin Triple Tube rock rails this week. I’ve read the same thing regarding the body bolts. I started using an impact wrench at first and just felt like it wasn’t the best idea. So, I decided to take my time with a breaker bar and the bolts walked out rather easily. Slow and steady wins the race.
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

drhcobra

The ones for the JL I saw mount to the frame bolts underneath and have clearance so I don’t have to remove the stock rails. I figure if they flex any they will hit the stock rails also the pinch seam doesn’t need touching up. I haven’t committed yet just looking at as many options as I can. I think the LoD destroyers mount to the frame and the pinch seam but haven’t seen an install video for those yet. If the signatures stuck out more I’d go with those, I thought about those inserts on the bottom being powder coated to match the Jeep. I’ve looked at Westin..and smities the XRC for the JK look nice but not yet available on JL. My concern with those 2 is quality. Easter in Moab is coming and my time is running out.

I believe the LOD destroyer sliders mount to the frame and body mount bracket . You can check out the mounting instructions on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CalSgt

The ones for the JL I saw mount to the frame bolts underneath and have clearance so I don’t have to remove the stock rails. I figure if they flex any they will hit the stock rails also the pinch seam doesn’t need touching up. I haven’t committed yet just looking at as many options as I can. I think the LoD destroyers mount to the frame and the pinch seam but haven’t seen an install video for those yet. If the signatures stuck out more I’d go with those, I thought about those inserts on the bottom being powder coated to match the Jeep. I’ve looked at Westin..and smities the XRC for the JK look nice but not yet available on JL. My concern with those 2 is quality. Easter in Moab is coming and my time is running out.

The LOD Destroyers mount to the frame and to the tub mounts which are also part of the frame, they mount and install exactly like the LOD Signature series from Eddie's video. They hide the pinch seem but do not mount to the pinch seem.