Rock Sliders

Shadowfire

So I’ve read where most of you guys dig the LoD signature sliders but I’m looking for something that has an actual step. The look of how those angle up leads me to believe in the wet or ice they could be dangerous. Since I have’t seen them yet maybe I’m wrong. The EAG sliders are close to what I like but I know those will be crap, I’ve also seen the retractable ones but I’m not rolling in it like gecko...lol and the guys with the gimmicky manual ones I’ve read rust right away and the struts lockup..no thanks....so looking for some ideas. BTW one of the reasons I’m looking is to prevent some of the mud and rocks from slinging up all along the side of the Jeep. Maybe some good wide mud flaps would do it. Show me some pics and let me know how you like them.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
So I’ve read where most of you guys dig the LoD signature sliders but I’m looking for something that has an actual step. The look of how those angle up leads me to believe in the wet or ice they could be dangerous. Since I have’t seen them yet maybe I’m wrong. The EAG sliders are close to what I like but I know those will be crap, I’ve also seen the retractable ones but I’m not rolling in it like gecko...lol and the guys with the gimmicky manual ones I’ve read rust right away and the struts lockup..no thanks....so looking for some ideas. BTW one of the reasons I’m looking is to prevent some of the mud and rocks from slinging up all along the side of the Jeep. Maybe some good wide mud flaps would do it. Show me some pics and let me know how you like them.

I'll get some pics of ours shortly, the step definitely works. We were in the snow and ice yesterday in my wife's Jeep. So glad to have those things when I got out. Way better than my Jeep that really doesn't have a step like the LoD signatures do.

Shadowfire

Are those the signatures? They look different than Eddie’s video, I just looked at some LoD destroyers I’m thinking maybe they are the ticket... I’m still hoping some pics pop in thanks for your input. I think what’s screwing with me on the look is the door closed vs open when the door is open there is obviously more step..when closed it looks tucked under

CalSgt

The wife got me the destroyers for christmas & they have greatly reduced the the stuff getting flung up on the sides...

Sliders.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
Are those the signatures? They look different than Eddie’s video, I just looked at some LoD destroyers I’m thinking maybe they are the ticket... I’m still hoping some pics pop in thanks for your input. I think what’s screwing with me on the look is the door closed vs open when the door is open there is obviously more step..when closed it looks tucked under

Ps do they keep all the random crap off the side of your Jeep?

These are on a JK. I thought they were similar to the JL though. We have large tires and trimmed fenders so the crap always ends up on the side of the Jeep.

Bundy

This is my personal opinion. I installed the signature's a couple weeks ago. They kinda provide a step, but it has a small step footprint for me... Size 12, normal width foot. I haven't had any issues slipping though when it's raining.

I think the destroyers would be more what you are looking for.

I can take better pics later if I remember.
IMG_20181223_155302.jpegIMG_20181223_155354.jpegIMG_20181224_144929.jpeg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bundy

Here are the "better" pics to show the size of the step the Signatures provide. My wallet on the rails is only 3.5" and it doesn't fit fully on them.

I still like them a lot, just not for a step. The only thing I am going to change is the light gray CF vinyl covering the pinch seam when the weather gets nicer here in the North East.

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

JTCO

Meme King
Here are the "better" pics to show the size of the step the Signatures provide. My wallet on the rails is only 3.5" and it doesn't fit fully on them.

I still like them a lot, just not for a step. The only thing I am going to change is the light gray CF vinyl covering the pinch seam when the weather gets nicer here in the North East.

Wow, those do stick in more on the JL than the JK.

BigCountry1983

I just installed them on my wife’s Jeep and she finds the steps work just fine but she has tiny feet. My 14w foot does not, but then again in 6’5 and even with 2” lift and 37” I don’t need a step. I did add a strip of grip tape to cover the paint where her foot may hit the body to save some scratches.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max

Shadowfire

I just saw a set that allows you to keep the stock rubi rails in place made by ACE anyone running those. I’m going to order something soon, my lift finally showed up so once that’s done rails are next. Planning to hit the Easter Moab event this year.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I just saw a set that allows you to keep the stock rubi rails in place made by ACE anyone running those. I’m going to order something soon, my lift finally showed up so once that’s done rails are next. Planning to hit the Easter Moab event this year.

Yeah they’ve been around for a long time even for the JK. The problem is they will ruin your tub if you actually use them. They mount to the tub like the factory.

Shadowfire

Yeah they’ve been around for a long time even for the JK. The problem is they will ruin your tub if you actually use them. They mount to the tub like the factory.

The ones for the JL I saw mount to the frame bolts underneath and have clearance so I don’t have to remove the stock rails. I figure if they flex any they will hit the stock rails also the pinch seam doesn’t need touching up. I haven’t committed yet just looking at as many options as I can. I think the LoD destroyers mount to the frame and the pinch seam but haven’t seen an install video for those yet. If the signatures stuck out more I’d go with those, I thought about those inserts on the bottom being powder coated to match the Jeep. I’ve looked at Westin..and smities the XRC for the JK look nice but not yet available on JL. My concern with those 2 is quality. Easter in Moab is coming and my time is running out.

Shadowfire

PS..speaking of frame bolts been reading that people are breaking those off trying to get them off. I know they use thread lock but what bolts rating are they that is easily snapped? The key from what I have read is patience and tighten,loosen tighten etc and go slow. Good thing I saw that because I would have just impacted them off like on my TJ.