2019 JL at EJS: 35” without lift or stock 33”??

VitaMeVas

So I’m trading in my 2010 JKU for a 2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon. Still in status D. Wife and I will be headed out to Moab for EJS. I will have 2 sets of 2019 stock rims, one with factory 33” and another with Nitto 35”. I won’t be able to lift it yet and I’m wondering if I should just leave on the stock 33’s or put on the 35’s for a little extra clearance. Plan to do level 3-5 trails. We’ve been to EJS for 3 years (with 2.5” lift) and do mild to moderate trails, but will have lockers and no lift this time. Any helpful advise?

VitaMeVas

If you buy just one set of tires you could get a lift instead.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Have the 33” with stock rims that come with Jeep. Found a guy who sold me the 5 new JLU “fancier” stock rims with TPMS sensors for $400. Then put on my new 35” Nittos from the JKU I’m trading in. Giving dealer my old 35” that barely hold air. Tee hee. So no extra money for lift yet.

WhiteMetal

So I’m trading in my 2010 JKU for a 2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon. Still in status D. Wife and I will be headed out to Moab for EJS. I will have 2 sets of 2019 stock rims, one with factory 33” and another with Nitto 35”. I won’t be able to lift it yet and I’m wondering if I should just leave on the stock 33’s or put on the 35’s for a little extra clearance. Plan to do level 3-5 trails. We’ve been to EJS for 3 years (with 2.5” lift) and do mild to moderate trails, but will have lockers and no lift this time. Any helpful advise?

35" will run with no lift I swapped my old 35" over to my jlu rubi Nd they were rubbing and i still and the tires were pretty worn out and I wasn't even at full bump. so I you have new35" tire it's going to wreck your fenders

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WhiteMetal

35" will run with no lift I swapped my old 35" over to my jlu rubi Nd they were rubbing and i still and the tires were pretty worn out and I wasn't even at full bump. so I you have new35" tire it's going to wreck your fenders

Fixed it.

35" will rub with no lift I swapped my old 35" mud grapplers over to my jlu rubi, they were rubbing and the tires were pretty worn out and I wasn't even at full bump. so I you have new 35" tire it's going to wreck your fenders.

0321F5CD-A614-4C07-80F5-8C4A2849DC15.jpg

ddays v2

Fixed it.

35" will rub with no lift I swapped my old 35" mud grapplers over to my jlu rubi, they were rubbing and the tires were pretty worn out and I wasn't even at full bump. so I you have new 35" tire it's going to wreck your fenders.

View attachment 8150

LOL, I thought that's what you were saying but not 100% sure! So what backspacing are your wheels? I was under the impression that you could run on 35's with a Rubicon and no lift...

VitaMeVas

So a 2019 JLU with no lift and 35" Nittos will likely rub (or wreck) the fenders in mild-mod trails in Moab. Anyone else?? What about backspacing? I was under the impression that spacers wouldn't be needed. Still in status D.

YAHAHA

We're running 35" Cooper STT Pros with no lift on stock JL Rubicon wheels. We've wheeled mild-med hilly wooded trails without issues. Steep climbs, pumpkin-dragging ruts but no hard rock crawling.

Of course, we've not gone to full articulation like you may encounter in Moab.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Last edited:

VitaMeVas

We're running 35" Cooper STT Pros with no lift on stock JL Rubicon wheels. We've wheeled mild-med hilly wooded trails without issues. Steep climbs, pumpkin-dragging ruts but no hard rock crawling.

Of course, we've not gone to full articulation like you may encounter in Moab.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Appreciate the feedback.