20% oil

JLjeepster

So I’m at 20% for my oil and I’m planning on going off roading tomorrow pretty much all day. I’m getting an oil change next week but I was just wondering how low is too low to take it out on the trail.

DavidDJL69

You’ll be fine. I don’t worry about those % gauges. I go by mileage and usually change mine between 3-5,000. Others will say, rightly so, that I’m wasting my money but I like peace of mind instead of depending on technology to run my life. Also, the thought has crossed my mind that auto manufacturers wouldn’t mind at all if we all followed their guidelines and techno devices and changed our oil at longer intervals and maybe wore our engines out a bit prematurely!!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
So I’m at 20% for my oil and I’m planning on going off roading tomorrow pretty much all day. I’m getting an oil change next week but I was just wondering how low is too low to take it out on the trail.

It's just a convenience reminder for when the oil should be changed. It doesn't relate to the oil level. Both our jeeps have one and I ignore them. I change ours every 3-4k by keeping track of the mileage.

What you should do is manually check the oil level to make sure it's safe. The oil should never be below the SAFE mark on the dipstick.