Tires/Wheels Rotation methods

Hi,
I'm new to the Jeep Wrangler community - my first vehicle is JLUR 2018 4-Door. I am hitting 5K miles and seeking for the correct way to rotate the wheels. Please advise.

thanks

JL

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
This is how you rotate your tires to include the spare. I got the sticker from Pixeldecals and have it on my toolbox.

20190104_173452-1280x960.jpg

For some reason the manual does not include a five tire rotation pattern...

Screenshot_20190104-174127_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

ddays v2

I've checked and it didn't indicate the spare wheel - I heard that the spare wheel should be rotated together. is that correct? Thanks again, JL/

It's not "necessary" but since the Wrangler is one of the few vehicles that uses not only a full size spare, but also a matching wheel, there are two camps when it comes to that:

1) Don't use the spare, that way you only have to buy 4 tires instead of 5 when it comes time for new ones.
2) Use all five which extends the time period that you have to buy new tires.

If you're happy with the tires and/or wheels you have now and don't plan of switching brands, then there's no harm in only rotating 4. If you think you'd like to switch it up next tire time, I'd rotate all 5. If you elect to only rotate 4 make sure you apply some kind of protectant to the spare tire as it'll be hanging out in the sun for a couple years.

I honestly quit rotating all 5 on my JK. I love the Cooper STT's I have on it and will buy them again, but more importantly, the goddam thing weighs over 150#s and it's a bitch getting it on & off the EVO carrier by myself :crazyeyes:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Nice. Looking forward to seeing them installed. And those rims... Still drooling over those.

Thanks! Gotta admit - I'm looking forward to dropping them off at a shop and having the tires installed. I love my beadlocks on the JK but I wasn't really looking forward to the fight involved with mounting the damn things. :crazyeyes:

I honestly quit rotating all 5 on my JK. I love the Cooper STT's I have on it and will buy them again, but more importantly, the goddam thing weighs over 150#s and it's a bitch getting it on & off the EVO carrier by myself :crazyeyes:

I think I'm starting to see a pattern...

Time for a Bowflex. LOL! :D

DEFCON1

It's not "necessary" but since the Wrangler is one of the few vehicles that uses not only a full size spare, but also a matching wheel, there are two camps when it comes to that:

1) Don't use the spare, that way you only have to buy 4 tires instead of 5 when it comes time for new ones.
2) Use all five which extends the time period that you have to buy new tires.

If you're happy with the tires and/or wheels you have now and don't plan of switching brands, then there's no harm in only rotating 4. If you think you'd like to switch it up next tire time, I'd rotate all 5. If you elect to only rotate 4 make sure you apply some kind of protectant to the spare tire as it'll be hanging out in the sun for a couple years.

Sounds like it’s time to hit the gym. [emoji1320]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JP223/3USA

I used it a long time ago religiously and it dry-rotted my tires. However, there could have been environmental factors. I stopped using anything on my tires and never had that problem again. All that shinny stuff just collects dust and attracts your occasional Centaur.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
I picked up some tire shine the other day that I'm happy with. I can't remember what it was, I'll post it later here.