Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tires/Wheels Rotation methods

Fresh Catch

Tires/Wheels Rotation methods

Hi,
    I'm new to the Jeep Wrangler community - my first vehicle is JLUR 2018 4-Door. I am hitting 5K miles and seeking for the correct way to rotate the wheels. Please advise.

thanks

JL
    Thanks

-JL

Quote Originally Posted by a4_quattro28@yahoo.com View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to the Jeep Wrangler community - my first vehicle is JLUR 2018 4-Door. I am hitting 5K miles and seeking for the correct way to rotate the wheels. Please advise.

thanks

JL
    Open up your owners manual - it'll give you the proper tire rotation.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    Open up your owners manual - it'll give you the proper tire rotation.
    I've checked and it didn't indicate the spare wheel - I heard that the spare wheel should be rotated together. is that correct? Thanks again, JL/
    Thanks

-JL

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    This is how you rotate your tires to include the spare. I got the sticker from Pixeldecals and have it on my toolbox.

20190104_173452-1280x960.jpg

For some reason the manual does not include a five tire rotation pattern...

Screenshot_20190104-174127_Drive.jpg
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 01-04-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a4_quattro28@yahoo.com View Post
    I've checked and it didn't indicate the spare wheel - I heard that the spare wheel should be rotated together. is that correct? Thanks again, JL/
    It's not "necessary" but since the Wrangler is one of the few vehicles that uses not only a full size spare, but also a matching wheel, there are two camps when it comes to that:

1) Don't use the spare, that way you only have to buy 4 tires instead of 5 when it comes time for new ones.
    2) Use all five which extends the time period that you have to buy new tires.

If you're happy with the tires and/or wheels you have now and don't plan of switching brands, then there's no harm in only rotating 4. If you think you'd like to switch it up next tire time, I'd rotate all 5. If you elect to only rotate 4 make sure you apply some kind of protectant to the spare tire as it'll be hanging out in the sun for a couple years.

I honestly quit rotating all 5 on my JK. I love the Cooper STT's I have on it and will buy them again, but more importantly, the goddam thing weighs over 150#s and it's a bitch getting it on & off the EVO carrier by myself

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Nice. Looking forward to seeing them installed. And those rims... Still drooling over those.
    Thanks! Gotta admit - I'm looking forward to dropping them off at a shop and having the tires installed. I love my beadlocks on the JK but I wasn't really looking forward to the fight involved with mounting the damn things.

I honestly quit rotating all 5 on my JK. I love the Cooper STT's I have on it and will buy them again, but more importantly, the goddam thing weighs over 150#s and it's a bitch getting it on & off the EVO carrier by myself
    I think I'm starting to see a pattern...

Time for a Bowflex. LOL!

It's not "necessary" but since the Wrangler is one of the few vehicles that uses not only a full size spare, but also a matching wheel, there are two camps when it comes to that:

1) Don't use the spare, that way you only have to buy 4 tires instead of 5 when it comes time for new ones.
    2) Use all five which extends the time period that you have to buy new tires.

If you're happy with the tires and/or wheels you have now and don't plan of switching brands, then there's no harm in only rotating 4. If you think you'd like to switch it up next tire time, I'd rotate all 5. If you elect to only rotate 4 make sure you apply some kind of protectant to the spare tire as it'll be hanging out in the sun for a couple years.

Sounds like itís time to hit the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I think I'm starting to see a pattern...

Time for a Bowflex. LOL!
    But I HAVE been working out bro!

maxresdefault.jpg

I rotate all 5 tires every oil change in the way mentioned above.

IMG_20190104_180553_534.jpg

I keep it simple by rotating all 5 clockwise each time. Then again, premature uneven wear will just give you a good excuse to upgrade to 35s, 37s, etc. sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast