Mopar 2" Lift - Additional Parts

GeeQ3

Being my first Jeep build, I still have a whole lot to learn. My goal is to improve both on road/off road performance. I would also like to prep for future 37" tires installation.

Anyone willing to provide feedback/opinions on parts I've recently ordered to improve what I've been told is an incomplete lift kit? Worth it? Waste of money? Additional recommendations?

Parts List:

1. Front and Rear Adjustable Track Bars.
2. Axle End Rear Track Bar Bracket for 2.5-4in Lift
3. Lower Front Adjustable Control Arms
4.Front Spring Pad Correction Kit
5.Grade 8 Bolt Kit

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
1 just the front
2 yup, corrects roll center and centers axle
3 nice to have to get correct caster. Look for something that uses Johnny joints
4 shouldn't need these.
5 don't waste your money. Just torque every bolt to spec.
You get a cool box

GeeQ3

1 just the front
3 nice to have to get correct caster. Look for something that uses Johnny joints
4 shouldn't need these.
You get a cool box

Thanks for your input olram30. Appreciate it.

Some additional reasoning for purchases:

1. Rear adj track bar to center axle/fine tune adjustments.
4. Mopar spring pads known to collapse.
5. Figured would be easy to replace during installations. I will definitely torque to spec since I've recently developed Death Wobble.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

5. Figured would be easy to replace during installations. I will definitely torque to spec since I've recently developed Death Wobble.

Can I have your factory bolts? I'll pay for shipping.

13_gecko_rubi

The factory bolts are all metric 10.9 already. You are going to replace all the metric hardware with SAE grade 8?

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
Don't change out the bolts. The factory ones are stronger and engineers have designed them to go with this vehicle.

I really don't understand why people want to install a weaker bolt. Must be a pretty hot sales lady out there or something. Or maybe it's that shiny gold color that attracts people to them :idontknow:

13_gecko_rubi

Don't change out the bolts. The factory ones are stronger and engineers have designed them to go with this vehicle.

I really don't understand why people want to install a weaker bolt. Must be a pretty hot sales lady out there or something. Or maybe it's that shiny gold color that attracts people to them :idontknow:
Nah running to ACE is better than the billions spent engineering a vehicle :)

Sent via....

ddays v2

Of all the dumb shit we can blow money on with these things, the Grade 8 bolt replacement deal has to be the stupidest one out there. Must be because it sounds sexy or hardcore or something :thinking:

Jeep JL

Great information thanks. Would an adjustable rear track bar be just as good or better than the rear track bar bracket?

Jeep JL

1 just the front
4 shouldn't need these.
You get a cool box

Great information thanks. Would an adjustable rear track bar be just as good or better than the rear track bar bracket?

13_gecko_rubi

Raised bracket raises the roll center back to stockish also which is preferable. Ideally do both. But if the raised bracket is close to same raise as lift that will do it by itself.

Sent via....

Jeep JL

Raised bracket raises the roll center back to stockish also which is preferable. Ideally do both. But if the raised bracket is close to same raise as lift that will do it by itself.

Sent via....

Thanks! I will probably do both. I want to maintain the best ride possible. Looks like teraflex offers both front and rear brackets for about 150.00.