Metalcloak Rocksport Steering Stabilizer

Joiky

I installed the Rancho 2" lift based on the review on this site and I really am loving it so far. With my new-found confidence in rock climbing, I've noticed my stock steering stabilizer has taken some good size dents, so I was looking at ways to protect it.

Although I'm not experiencing any issues right now (no death wobble, etc), I did come across the Metalcloak Rocksport Steering Stabilizer as way to replace the stock stabilizer and give it a little more protection by relocating it higher. It also seems to be pretty reasonably priced. Does anyone have any experience with this or any advice?

Thanks in advance!

JTCO

Meme King
I installed the Rancho 2" lift based on the review on this site and I really am loving it so far. With my new-found confidence in rock climbing, I've noticed my stock steering stabilizer has taken some good size dents, so I was looking at ways to protect it.

Although I'm not experiencing any issues right now (no death wobble, etc), I did come across the Metalcloak Rocksport Steering Stabilizer as way to replace the stock stabilizer and give it a little more protection by relocating it higher. It also seems to be pretty reasonably priced. Does anyone have any experience with this or any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Relocating it up is a good idea and easy to do. I'm not familiar with the Metalcloak setup, but Rancho made a relocation kit for the JK that was affordable, simple and works really well. Not sure if they have one out for the JL yet. Personally, with the cost of a new stabilizer, if your OEM is still working, it might be best to just relocate it without having to replace the stabilizer itself. Just to save money.