Rear JLUR Driveshaft

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What Overlander said, a 1310 would technically be a downgrade to a factory shaft. As in, it'd be weaker. A 1350 is what you'd want. And, truth be told, unless you've got some big flex going, not something you really even need.

2008jk

Good information to know. I am comparing it to a JKUR of which I have seen 2 stock rear driveshaft's twisted off. Always ran 1310 CV driveshaft's in the JK with no problem.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good information to know. I am comparing it to a JKUR of which I have seen 2 stock rear driveshaft's twisted off. Always ran 1310 CV driveshaft's in the JK with no problem.

LOL - Sounds to me like the 2 you seen twist off were being driven by guys with big tires and like the skinny pedal. As for your 1310, apparently, you're a lot easier on the gas, run smaller tires or don't make it a habit of playing on trails that would otherwise be hard on a drive shaft. Either way, the only u-joint a factory shaft has is a 1330 and that's bigger than a 1310. rzeppa joins are pretty damn strong and while a factory shaft does have a thinner tube, it does have a larger cross section or bigger diameter than a 1310. All that said, if you really feel the need to do a swap, it might as well be an "upgrade".

Deezus

I called Adam's DS, they recommended 1350s for the JL. The pinion is bigger than the JK. Plus, a 1310 is not as strong as stock... Read an article back in the day where a guy did some math proving it on the JK.
Might be the guy above.... Lol

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I called Adam's DS, they recommended 1350s for the JL. The pinion is bigger than the JK. Plus, a 1310 is not as strong as stock... Read an article back in the day where a guy did some math proving it on the JK.
Might be the guy above.... Lol

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

LOL!! Didn't even need to do the math. Back in 2007, I ran a 1310 soon after getting my JK up on 37's and promptly blew it in Moab. 1350 is what people should be running.

Deezus

LOL!! Didn't even need to do the math. Back in 2007, I ran a 1310 soon after getting my JK up on 37's and promptly blew it in Moab. 1350 is what people should be running.
I had a 1310s on my JK and it worked fine but I did break the Yoke on the rear. And I had at least 5 people with extra yokes and none of them fit. This time I'll be getting extra yokes. Extra yokes.... Sounds like a breakfast order....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I had a 1310s on my JK and it worked fine but I did break the Yoke on the rear. And I had at least 5 people with extra yokes and none of them fit. This time I'll be getting extra yokes. Extra yokes.... Sounds like a breakfast order....

LOL - now I'm hungry. Not sure how it "worked fine" if it broke at the yoke. I mean, the yoke size is determined by the joint size. Bummer none of the extra yokes fit.

Deezus

LOL - now I'm hungry. Not sure how it "worked fine" if it broke at the yoke. I mean, the yoke size is determined by the joint size. Bummer none of the extra yokes fit.
I know and I hate asking people but it really felt good that people I didn't know offered there help. That's probably the day I really understood what off roading was all about....

Last edited: