JL Wheels

Hooligan_JL

I’m new to JL’s but not new to Jeeps although I will state, I’m no pro and still consider myself a newb when it comes to parts.

Yesterday I began lifting my JLU and ran into a problem I wasn’t expecting. The sway bar link bolts are hitting the rear stock Rubicon Tires. I installed the links on the inside of the sway bar instead of the outside but now I need to find a wheel that will work. With so many wheel options out there, I was hoping you guys could help me compile a list of wheels to choose from.

I plan to run a 37 inch Cooper STT Pro in 12.5.

I really like the KMC Wheels that are on Jet Li but I’d like to also entertain other options. I would ideally like something on the lighter side as far as weight.

Color isn’t important, BeadLock and non BeadLock would be fine.

Please help me dial this down as I will need to order something in the next week or so.

2019 White Rubicon JLU with a 2.5 inch lift.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really, you should be fine with any wheel that has less back spacing than stock. Essentially, you should be good with 5.5" or less. There are ton of wheels that meet this standard if not most. :yup:

Hooligan_JL

Eddie, what’s the backspacing in stock wheels?

I keep reading that 4.5 is ideal?

What would be the best width for a 12.5 tire?

Here a few options I’ve looked at.

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

I guess what I’d “like” is possibly a BeadLock and something light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

EZMFE

I don't think AEV has released the JL version of the Borah with more positive offset. The JK version has a +4 offset. They have the JL Pintler wheel at +25mm.

The stock wheel is 8.5" wide with a +44 offset so a 8.5" wheel / 2 = 4.25" = 107.95mm + 44mm = 151.95mm or 5.98" backspacing.