Handgun mounts and lock boxes

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a Tuffy Security drawer on Moby and hope to get one for my JL once they have one available.

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wondering how this setup will work in JL now that there are heat vents located under the front seats to service the rear.

I suspect this is the reason why Tuffy hasn't come out with anything yet. Hope they can figure something out because I really like mine in my JK.

NFRs2000NYC

Logically speaking, if you are in the vehicle, then you want your firearm at the ready, so having it locked under your seat is useless, so obviously, it's not for that. If you are going to leave your pistol inside the rig while you are gone, then it doesn't really have to be under the seat....it can be a box bolted to the rollcage, a box in the rear floor cubby, etc. Maybe an insert for the center console would be the ideal solution.

Logically speaking, if you are in the vehicle, then you want your firearm at the ready, so having it locked under your seat is useless, so obviously, it's not for that. If you are going to leave your pistol inside the rig while you are gone, then it doesn't really have to be under the seat....it can be a box bolted to the rollcage, a box in the rear floor cubby, etc. Maybe an insert for the center console would be the ideal solution.

Laws vary state to state. Got to look at your state laws to see where you can legally store it....

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

GCM 2.0

Mount magnets or Aliengear Mounting System are the only acceptable choices for keeping your firearm readily accessible.

I wouldn’t say those “are the only acceptable choices”. Too many “what if” scenarios to even cover on. As long as the weapon is holstered on your person, or in a vehicle mounted holster, or locked in some form of case to keep it from floating loosely around inside the cockpit, is really acceptable too. Not everyone carries for personal defense on a daily basis, some people just want a place to safely store a weapon to and from the range or location they want to go do some blasting at. That seat mounting system in your web link is really not in the best place for entering or exiting the vehicle without having to uncouple that from that holster and then either place it on a seat, or into a holster on you. On really tough trails, I’m kind of in and out my rig a lot, this seat holster system would become a pain to either carefully pass a leg over or find a place to stow it.

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2158.JPG

DEFCON1

I wouldn’t say those “are the only acceptable choices”. Too many “what if” scenarios to even cover on. As long as the weapon is holstered on your person, or in a vehicle mounted holster, or locked in some form of case to keep it from floating loosely around inside the cockpit, is really acceptable too. Not everyone carries for personal defense on a daily basis, some people just want a place to safely store a weapon to and from the range or location they want to go do some blasting at. That seat mounting system in your web link is really not in the best place for entering or exiting the vehicle without having to uncouple that from that holster and then either place it on a seat, or into a holster on you. On really tough trails, I’m kind of in and out my rig a lot, this seat holster system would become a pain to either carefully pass a leg over or find a place to stow it.

View attachment 7897

View attachment 7900

My firearms are magnetized to the inside of the B pillar between the seat and the B pillar, below the seatbelt mechanism. Out of sight, hardly ever bumped. Rigid in position, readily accessible, and IF they were ever to fall, they’re not pointed in a direction where a N.D. would cause injury to someone.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app