Handgun mounts and lock boxes

DEFCON1

Those are pretty cool. I may have to look into those. Although it says it holds 15 pounds, I have my doubts. I have a 500 that I'd like to try it out on, but it's over 4 pounds loaded.

How did you fasten yours? Bolts, screws?

These are the exact ones I use. https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Pro...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B079SWVM7Q I just used screws with wide threads to drill into the plastic. Bolts may be a better choice over time, but the screws have lasted for over a year now. My 1911, loaded with an extended mag of 10mm weighs 3.8lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

DEFCON1

Anti gun. Lol yeah that’s me. You nailed it.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Nobody has referred to you in any form or abstract other than to acknowledge that you’re attacking the opinions of others. We are however all individuals, and this is a place for all opinions. Even if the opinions produced are not proactive, but reactive. If your desire is to somehow set foot to convince individuals that having a firearm for self defense readily available isn’t advisable, many would gladly debate that. However, once again, attacking others and their opinions is likely an inefficient means to have that debate. :)

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Nobody has referred to you in any form or abstract other than to acknowledge that you’re attacking the opinions of others. We are however all individuals, and this is a place for all opinions. Even if the opinions produced are not proactive, but reactive. If your desire is to somehow set foot to convince individuals that having a firearm for self defense readily available isn’t advisable, many would gladly debate that. However, once again, attacking others and their opinions is likely an inefficient means to have that debate. :)

Again, you nailed it. Exactly my agenda.

JTCO

Meme King
Lol. This thread is becoming awesome. The gun thing is so extreme in this culture it's fucking unbelievable. I know exactly what Overlander is pointing out and it's definitely not a tree-hugger agenda. I call it the Hipster gun generation. They have a gun on the counter while they're brushing their teeth and one on the back of the toilet while they're jacking off. They've watched all the movies and think that at any given moment a perpetrator may enter and they are ready to execute that perpetrator. Yes, people like this really exist. Too many movies and too many video games.

I am very pro-gun and carry nearly everywhere. But there definitely is a difference between paranoia and preparedness.

DEFCON1

Lol. This thread is becoming awesome. The gun thing is so extreme in this culture it's fucking unbelievable. I know exactly what Overlander is pointing out and it's definitely not a tree-hugger agenda. I call it the Hipster gun generation. They have a gun on the counter while they're brushing their teeth and one on the back of the toilet while they're jacking off. They've watched all the movies and think that at any given moment a perpetrator may enter and they are ready to execute that perpetrator. Yes, people like this really exist. Too many movies and too many video games.

I am very pro-gun and carry nearly everywhere. But there definitely is a difference between paranoia and preparedness.

Agreed.

CalSgt

Although I don't clinch a pistol in my but cheeks while in the shower, or keep one in the toothbrush holder, or refrigerator I do carry regularly. I do suffer from some paranoia which results in me needing to be in a position to see entries and exits when possible, assessing peoples intention when they enter a room, and feeling uneasy when people approach me from behind. These habits (paranoia) have been programmed into my daily life based on my experience and are hard to shut off, being able to lock my handgun up while also keeping it somewhere it can be accessed without too much effort helps me mellow out a bit. Especially while off roading, having the pistol with me but being able to get out of the vehicle without tucking it in my waistband makes life a little easier.

I look forward to the tuffy security drawer being available, but will probably buy the tuffy console box or Lock'er Down console safe in the meantime.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I might be able to rub one out to your S&W 500. Got any pics?

GCM 2.0

Wow, everyone is tough guy.....this thread started going south faster than a “check out my new Fab Fours Grumper” thread.

Anyway, for all you JL owners that have never experienced the luxuriously appointed molded plastic interior of a 2009 JK (fully loaded, cold a.c., low miles, one owner and carfax certified clean) here is my mount, usually a Glock, sometimes a Sig, rarely a Springfield XD, never a 1911.

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

DEFCON1

Wow, everyone is tough guy.....this thread started going south faster than a “check out my new Fab Fours Grumper” thread.

Anyway, for all you JL owners that have never experienced the luxuriously appointed molded plastic interior of a 2009 JK (fully loaded, cold a.c., low miles, one owner and carfax certified clean) here is my mount, usually a Glock, sometimes a Sig, rarely a Springfield XD, never a 1911.

View attachment 7921

View attachment 7922

That is some damn good looking Tactical Tupperware!

Piginajeep

This looks like a strong setup. How did the costs compare to the mounts from gunmount.com? (($200-$350)). What goes up, must come down. ;-)

They are about double that, especially the new ones with multi layer security built into them. This one is a hand me down from a retired patrol car.

The lock is released the Fed sig control head.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

GCM 2.0

That is some damn good looking Tactical Tupperware!

Haha! That reference could be for the really cheap Fobus holster, that professional grade polymer G19 or the entirety of the Jeeps dash and console. Either one, it’s a whole bunch of plastic. The mount that the Fobus holster is attached to, is actually fairly good quality. Has worked well for about 17 years and has been mounted in everything from my Jeeps, HMMWVs, Hilux’s, Tacoma’s, Land Rovers. It’s surprisingly has held up to being mounted and remounted a dozen times. I do have some of the rare earth magnet weapons mounts for work use and I like those a lot too, but I tend to lose them or leave them behind and someone else grabs them for their kit collection. As the years wear on, I find myself becoming less and less of a gear hoarder.

Piginajeep

Haha! That reference could be for the really cheap Fobus holster, that professional grade polymer G19 or the entirety of the Jeeps dash and console. Either one, it’s a whole bunch of plastic. The mount that the Fobus holster is attached to, is actually fairly good quality. Has worked well for about 17 years and has been mounted in everything from my Jeeps, HMMWVs, Hilux’s, Tacoma’s, Land Rovers. It’s surprisingly has held up to being mounted and remounted a dozen times. I do have some of the rare earth magnet weapons mounts for work use and I like those a lot too, but I tend to lose them or leave them behind and someone else grabs them for their kit collection. As the years wear on, I find myself becoming less and less of a gear hoarder.

Fobus still in business? I was searching for them for my wife’s new SW.

I still use Fobus for my Glock from 2001.[emoji15], I can’t believe it’s that old.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

GCM 2.0

Fobus still in business? I was searching for them for my wife’s new SW.

I still use Fobus for my Glock from 2001.[emoji15], I can’t believe it’s that old.

Chris, I honestly hope they aren’t in business. They made some pretty low end stuff. Most guys I worked with over the years owned something made by Fobus, but it always quickly became the piece of kit you kept as a spare in case your other primary options for carry broke, got lost, whatever. Fobus was the holster that you would lend to the dude who showed up and had nothing.

If you are still looking for the wife’s, check out-

IWB- CrossBreed holsters. Practically every one I work with use these holsters for all day inside the waistband carry. My go to is their Super Tuck IWB, in horse hide leather because I carry all day everyday, and the horse hide stays supple over years. Takes forever to break in though.

OWB- Black Point Tactical. Their hybrid wing holster (kydex & leather construction) is just incredibly comfortable for outside the waistband carry.

Both companies make Inside and Outside the Waistband models. I just really like the two models I listed. For what it’s worth, these are bought and paid for with my coin, no one sponsors me for this advertisement.

Piginajeep

Thanks man! I’ll check it out. I’m guessing they are out, it was cheap then too.

We still need to get our CCW anyways.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1