Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poor backup lighting

Quote Originally Posted by Toycrusher View Post
    I originally planned to tap into the reverse lights, but then I said "what the heck" and figured I'd use my aux switches since they were there
    Good point. You can also run a power wire tapped into your reverse light, and still keep the auxiliary wired that way they will always come on in reverse and if your working in the back while parked you can just turn on the switch.

Rigid actually makes a “reverse light” wiring harness that does exactly that, but it’s pretty damn expensive when you can just make up your own.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Toycrusher View Post
    Low light annoyed me enough. I went ahead and installed some rock lights through the rear bumper. They are quite bright and being under $20 on the slow boat from China... hard to pass up

I have to say I LOVE the built in accessory switches and the ease of configuring them through the Uconnect system. I hate tearing apart and hacking up a dash to mount switches and this was so convenient it felt like cheating.

Attachment 9714

Attachment 9713
    Do you have to remove the bumper to get them in?

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by klv30907 View Post
    Do you have to remove the bumper to get them in?

No. It was a little tricky to fish the wire through but there are some access areas to get into the back bumper

Fresh Catch

have the recon one

Have the recon one and it has a clear led light beside the red light. Verdict is it pretty helped me at night.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL - I dunno, I guess I'm just used to the crappy lights on the JK and not having any backup camera on them because the ones on the JL seem pretty damn good to me
    I agree.

Been Around the Block scoobycarolanNC's Avatar
    I have an early build and broke one of my LED taillights. When I looked it up there's been multiple revisions to the part number. On the side I replaced I can definitely see a reverse light on the ground where I don't see it on the old lamp's side.....

These things are wicked cool, but such a pain. I also have the blindspot stuff so a new tail light with the radar in it is ~$600 new. I found the one I needed on eBay, very used, but for $275. FWIW, it was completely smashed (bounced it off a tree) and I glued pieces of the lens back on. It functioned perfectly for a year with all kinds of rain and mud getting into it before I started getting alerts it was out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123