Poor backup lighting

Bear_JT

I originally planned to tap into the reverse lights, but then I said "what the heck" and figured I'd use my aux switches since they were there

Good point. You can also run a power wire tapped into your reverse light, and still keep the auxiliary wired that way they will always come on in reverse and if your working in the back while parked you can just turn on the switch.

Rigid actually makes a “reverse light” wiring harness that does exactly that, but it’s pretty damn expensive when you can just make up your own.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

klv30907

Low light annoyed me enough. I went ahead and installed some rock lights through the rear bumper. They are quite bright and being under $20 on the slow boat from China... hard to pass up :D

I have to say I LOVE the built in accessory switches and the ease of configuring them through the Uconnect system. I hate tearing apart and hacking up a dash to mount switches and this was so convenient it felt like cheating.

View attachment 9714

View attachment 9713

Do you have to remove the bumper to get them in?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

stonebet

have the recon one

Have the recon one and it has a clear led light beside the red light. Verdict is it pretty helped me at night.

I have an early build and broke one of my LED taillights. When I looked it up there's been multiple revisions to the part number. On the side I replaced I can definitely see a reverse light on the ground where I don't see it on the old lamp's side.....

These things are wicked cool, but such a pain. I also have the blindspot stuff so a new tail light with the radar in it is ~$600 new. I found the one I needed on eBay, very used, but for $275. FWIW, it was completely smashed (bounced it off a tree) and I glued pieces of the lens back on. It functioned perfectly for a year with all kinds of rain and mud getting into it before I started getting alerts it was out.