Emergency Jeep Kit

JTCO

Meme King
Like tools or clothing?

We have 3 kids. Each of our jeeps has an emergency kit with fleece clothes for all and extra food, medicine, and water. It also includes signaling devices, etc. It's more for if we went off the road or broke down and had to stay put for awhile while waiting for help. I built these kits myself as I couldn't really find anything decent that was prepackaged at a store.

As far as trails, we carry a ton of stuff and tools for vehicle repairs (different kind of kit). We also seldom wheel alone, and if we do, we always tell someone where we're going and when we plan on being back. There's no cell service where we go, so we find this step important.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Pretty big list could be made. If you have nothing I would start with recovery equipment and maybe some warm blankets since you live in the northeast. Chances of you getting stranded far enough away from people that you can’t walk to is slim in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Piginajeep

I generally wheel with guys that I know are prepared. So it cuts down on what I need [emoji106][emoji16][emoji322]

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

mvfan

It’s almost 2019! 911 gets you help anywhere in the United States these days. - keep your smart phone charged up, carry a spare backup battery source, buy a military style IFAK and learn how to properly use the tourniquet. Everything else is just fluff, IMHO.

JTCO

Meme King
It’s almost 2019! 911 gets you help anywhere in the United States these days. - keep your smart phone charged up, carry a spare backup battery source, buy a military style IFAK and learn how to properly use the tourniquet. Everything else is just fluff, IMHO.

Wow. Cool. Didn't realize 911 worked in areas with no cell service where we go often. I'll keep that in mind.

So for 50 bucks, there's a kit that will help protect you from gun shot wounds while driving your Jeep? I definitely need to get one of these and properly learn how to use a tourniquet in case I ever need to use the kit. We always carry a gun in the Jeep. I guess I never thought about what would happen if we got shot out there.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

Hopefully you’re being sarcastic and not this retarded. If you are retarded, I look forward to reading about your story in the news when you get stranded and die. Happy new year.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Clearly, you don't live in my neck of the woods :crazyeyes:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I’ve been plenty of places a mobile phone won’t work. Do you have a Sat phone?

ddays v2

Christ, I live in PA and barely get cell service in the rural area that I live. In the middle of the state (PA) there are thousands of square miles where there is no cell service. Have fun eating that cell phone and using those bandages for blankets. :thumb:

mvfan

@Mojito0714 - Sorry for blowing up your post thread with all the knowledgeable responses to my post. Clearly, you should plan ahead when going “off the net” and base your Kit on the anticipated environment you will be wheeling at. Eventually, the trolling will stop and you will see some logical ideas. In any case, whatever your thoughts of an “emergency” are will help define your conclusion on your Jeep kit. Cheers!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
@Mojito0714 - Sorry for blowing up your post thread with all the knowledgeable responses to my post. Clearly, you should plan ahead when going “off the net” and base your Kit on the anticipated environment you will be wheeling at. Eventually, the trolling will stop and you will see some logical ideas. In any case, whatever your thoughts of an “emergency” are will help define your conclusion on your Jeep kit. Cheers!

My reply was not trolling.

JTCO

Meme King
Eventually, the trolling will stop and you will see some logical ideas.

Trolling? Logic?

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you actually been in a situation where an 'emergency kit' was needed while Jeeping offroad? I have several times, and a phone would have done no good nor would the med kit you posted. If I were to break down where I regularly go, even in the middle of summer I would probably die of hypothermia if I were stuck overnight if I only had a charged phone and a tourniquet kit. Just sayin.

I'm nothing special, but here's all the 'fluff' I carry. And I've used well over 50% of it in what I consider trail 'emergencies.' Just my take on things.

DSC04058.jpg

Last edited:

ddays v2

In the interest of being helpful I'm editing my first response.

If you've never been out West, and you being being from Jersey, you really don't have anything to compare the vastness of the wilderness out there. it is humbling and sobering. Being miles upon miles from another human makes it imperative that you prepare for the worst. That kit ^^ WJCO posted above is a way of life :)D) for folks that live in these kinds of areas. If you take the wilderness for granted it usually makes you regret it.

Last edited: