Thread: Genesis Off-road Dual battery

Genesis Off-road Dual battery

Anyone tried the Genesis off-road dual battery setup for the JL? I like the idea of both batteries together like that just wondering if anyone has installed it and any issues so far?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    I had their dual battery kit in my JKUR. I loved it, and used it to run my ARB fridge while away from home without fear of becoming stranded. I'd love to try their JL system, however I still get spooked by the JL electrical system and the potential to become hoodooed on the trail due to unforeseen complications as a result performing this mod.

It looks like it would be pretty straight forward but thatís why I asked. I hate the aux battery buried under the pdc and think moving everything up would be simple and easy for future issues but anyone who has it will chime in or Iíll buy it and let you know. Itís a little over $500 so maybe after the warranty is up.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Not really needed. Everyone I know with dual batteries has some sort of issue.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post

Yup! Itís a pita and when I needed the other battery to start the Jeep it didnít fucking work

2012 JK8
    1958 FC170
    1954 M38A1

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post
    Yup! Itís a pita and when I needed the other battery to start the Jeep it didnít fucking work

2012 JK8
    1958 FC170
    1954 M38A1
    why didn't it work?

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    LOL - So true. Ran a couple different setups on Moby in the past and it's a big part of why I gave up them. A good deep cycle battery is really all I've ever found to need anyway.

Fresh Catch
    I don't understand why JL dual battery setups don't embrace the JL's dual battery setup and just enlarge the second battery.

Caught the Bug
    Instead of dual batteries, just a good deep cycle like Eddie said, and carry one of the portable jump start batteries for emergencies.

I have two, and have used one to start my Super Duty diesel, and two, one on each battery, to start 24 volt heavy equipment.