Rigid dually vs baja designs squadron sport

tallguy26

I'm looking to add some lights to my A pillars but I cannot decide between rigid industries or baja designs. I really like how the baja lights look and that they have replacement lenses but I have never used them. I have used the rigid but to me the lights had a blueish tint. I was wondering if anyone has used the Bajas or can recommend another good light.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Erockhopper

I ran the Squadrons on my JK in the fog light pockets and couldn’t use them as a fog/driving light. I put some S2’s up on a fairlead bracket with some yellow lens covers and they worked great for a fog/driver. I then used the Squadrons for off road lighting.

I was impressed by the lights and felt BD had great customer service, as I called and talked to them about what I was looking for.

As a bonus the S2’s are cheaper as well

I’m running a Ridgid light bar on my Jl and it’s a great light. It seems to me that the BD light is brighter.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CJ5doc

I really like the quality of the BD lights. On my Ram 2500, I run a pair of the squadron sports and squadron pros mounted in the OEM fog light location. The BD mounting bracket was simple and easy to install. I have the sports wired up to the original wiring for the fog lights with the BD supplied harness and will turn them on/off with the low beams. I have the pros wired in parallel with the high beams from the headlights. I also purchased the amber protective cover to use in dense fog situations..., just snap them on.

NFRs2000NYC

The last time I checked, Rigids put out slightly more lumens, but due to the fact that they use a higher temp kelvin bulb (6000k vs 5000k), the Bajas appear brighter to our eyes. Both are good quality lights no doubt about it. I myself am considering getting the LP6s or LP9s when the time comes. I do like the fact that BD lets you change the lenses thanks to the use of rubber gaskets rather than silicone seals that must be broken on the rigids.

offcamber

The last time I checked, Rigids put out slightly more lumens, but due to the fact that they use a higher temp kelvin bulb (6000k vs 5000k), the Bajas appear brighter to our eyes. Both are good quality lights no doubt about it. I myself am considering getting the LP6s or LP9s when the time comes. I do like the fact that BD lets you change the lenses thanks to the use of rubber gaskets rather than silicone seals that must be broken on the rigids.

I have the LP9 Pro's on my JL. They are amazing...

ddays v2

Those BD's are nice for sure, but I like the larger round lights. I grew up running KC Daylighters back in the day, and I don't like the square shaped pods. Just my personal preference. I prefer how they compliment the round headlights. I'm running Rigid R46's on my JK and they are extremely bright. I have a set ready to go on my JL, if if would only get here :(

https://www.rigidindustries.com/r-series-46-r-series-46.html

CL1A1417.jpg

I really don't like most of the A pillar mounting brackets available for the JL's either. In fact a lot of them are really bad looking. Unfortunately, the JL doesn't have as many handy bolts on the windshield frame to use for mounts like the JK has. Rigid also makes this light mount for the A-Pillar.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rigid-industries/pillar-led-light-mounts-jeep-wrangler-jl

rigid-industries-a-pillar-mounts-jl-41659-installed.jpg

Last edited:

MrGiant

I love the rectangular rigids a lot since the seem to spend plenty of light, look super sharp and are small and fit in the total look. The LP9 is even more badass, but pretty large, almost perfect for bumper installation. But so big (maybe she said that)
A pillar mounts....I totally agree that most ones look shitty, mopar ones are the worst I could ever imagine. The best ones are maybe the extended bolts for the upper cowl bolt, super clean for me. And really easy to do yourself with a lathe and some stainless stell

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Just keep in mind, OP is asking about the squadron SPORTS, not the PROs....the pros are much brighter. I am planning on running the pros in OEM foglight locations with the baja JL foglight kit, then LP9s on the bumper, and LP6 spots on the A pillar most likely....MAYBE I'll go with the rigid DSS on the a pillar, not sure yet.

Onlyone

I just bought a pair of the BD Sports for the Power Wagon. I’ll install them tomorrow and report back. They look to be very well made.

Attachments

• 859F561E-8910-4770-8E9E-226E3F712EDE.jpg
    859F561E-8910-4770-8E9E-226E3F712EDE.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Onlyone

Ok. Quick install this afternoon. Hooked up the Warn light and BD Sports.
6FE44772-BF13-4A6F-B3D0-F7BAED37778E.jpg
Low Beams only
F5D796BA-AD73-4F68-92CA-86872B210B5C.jpg
Warn Light bar
02EDCAB1-95EB-4BD4-B0E3-7C30DB491B2A.jpg
BD Squadron Sport Combo Beam
F277EFE5-CEB6-4BFA-8EA9-E51C9750792E.jpg

I’ve got to say, I am very impressed with these BD lights. I wasn’t expecting them to be as bright as they are. These little things overpower the Warn light and high beams with ease. Just wow. In person, the difference is amazing. I haven’t aimed anything so it might be better.