Dual Valve Stems

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
So... say I had a stack of KMC XD Machetes and 37x13.5r17 Coop Discoverer STT Pros in my garage. Would there be any reason to not use dual valve stems, and to use plugs like these in one of the holes?

20181219_200605.jpg

Thanks in advance, I've never used wheels with dual valve stems before. FWIW, I'm currently using an ARB deflator.

20181219_201123-600x600.jpg

WiscoHR

So... say I had a stack of KMC XD Machetes and 37x13.5r17 Coop Discoverer STT Pros in my garage. Would there be any reason to not use dual valve stems, and to use plugs like these in one of the holes?

View attachment 7708

Thanks in advance, I've never used wheels with dual valve stems before. FWIW, I'm currently using an ARB deflator.

View attachment 7709

I have dual valve stems. I find myself airing up and down the non tpms stems. Plus you’ll probably find 5 valve stems are cheaper than the plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rellik

I run a standard shrader valve and a monster valve. Love the combo as airing up is quick and so is airing down.

Jeeeep

I like having both stems, tpms on one side, rubber stem on the other.

filling and deflating are the same but I find the ARB deflate gauge screws on easier to the rubber valve stem

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This thing right here...

attachment.php

Is all you need to air down super fast. Trust me, there really is no need for anything more.

I run 2 valve stems on Moby wheels because, as you know, his wheels has ports for 2 just like yours do. The real benefit I've found for having 2 stems is that you now have 2 options for airing back up. It's always easier to air up when the valve stem is sitting on the bottom of the wheel or there about and with the 2 options, you'll always have one that is.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
This thing right here...

attachment.php

Is all you need to air down super fast. Trust me, there really is no need for anything more.

I run 2 valve stems on Moby wheels because, as you know, his wheels has ports for 2 just like yours do. The real benefit I've found for having 2 stems is that you now have 2 options for airing back up. It's always easier to air up when the valve stem is sitting on the bottom of the wheel or there about and with the 2 options, you'll always have one that is.

I never thought of that. I hate when the valve stem is on top.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

I never thought of that. I hate when the valve stem is on top.

Brilliant. I've never thought of that either. Lol!