Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 135

Thread: dixonk JLUR

  1. #71
    Knows a Thing or Two dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    532
    4.88 gears are in. Now just need to put in correction coil pads for spring bowing and do an alignment. Should be rocking and rolling tomorrow afternoon!

    IMG_1275.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

  2. #72
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    4.88 gears are in. Now just need to put in correction coil pads for spring bowing and do an alignment. Should be rocking and rolling tomorrow afternoon!

    IMG_1275.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    4.88ís may be in my future. Look forward to hearing how it works out.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #73
    Been Around the Block Jeepers Creeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    4.88 gears are in. Now just need to put in correction coil pads for spring bowing and do an alignment. Should be rocking and rolling tomorrow afternoon!

    IMG_1275.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I'm definitely curious to hear your thoughts on the 4.88's. I have the Revolution gears and install kit on order.

    Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.

  4. #74
    Knows a Thing or Two dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    532
    The 4.88 gears are phenomenal! I have all the power back that I had with 33s and stock wheels. I reset fuel mileage going to shop and had 15.4. On the way home same route I got 18.6mpg and it slips into 8th now whereas before I lost 8th almost entirely.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

  5. #75
    Meme King JTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    The 4.88 gears are phenomenal! I have all the power back that I had with 33s and stock wheels. I reset fuel mileage going to shop and had 15.4. On the way home same route I got 18.6mpg and it slips into 8th now whereas before I lost 8th almost entirely.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Do you know if those install kits came with metal-caged pinion bearings as opposed to the plastic/composite pinion bearing cages that come from the factory?
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

  6. #76
    Knows a Thing or Two dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Do you know if those install kits came with metal-caged pinion bearings as opposed to the plastic/composite pinion bearing cages that come from the factory?
    Plastic.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

  7. #77
    Knows a Thing or Two dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    532
    Update on fuel mileage. Have been driving around 500miles today at 75mph I am getting 13-14 mpg. So not as good as I first reported. RPM is 2300 rpm


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

  8. #78
    Knows a Thing or Two dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    532
    New goodies on the way:

    Mopar Tailgate table

    EVO Protek engine, trans, exhaust Skid

    Warn front recovery points




    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

  9. #79
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,051
    I would love a tailgate table for the JL. Used the one on my JK all of the time.

  10. #80
    Knows a Thing or Two dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I would love a tailgate table for the JL. Used the one on my JK all of the time.
    Iíve been holding out for the longest time because reviews tended to complain about it rattling. I figure I am ingenuitive enough to come up with a solution if it does. I hate squeaks and rattles while driving.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •