dixonk JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! I would imagine that you'll get 8th back. The real benefit of going 4.88 is that you should get stock performance back and run about the same rpm too.

dixonk

Nice! I would imagine that you'll get 8th back. The real benefit of going 4.88 is that you should get stock performance back and run about the same rpm too.

That’s what I was hoping for. I was back and forth for a month between 4.88 and 5.13. Your video of course was most helpful. With the amount of highway I am on the 4.88 will be a better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s what I was hoping for. I was back and forth for a month between 4.88 and 5.13. Your video of course was most helpful. With the amount of highway I am on the 4.88 will be a better choice.

Oh yeah, I think you'll be happy with them or at least, for how you use your Jeep.

4.88 gears are in. Now just need to put in correction coil pads for spring bowing and do an alignment. Should be rocking and rolling tomorrow afternoon!

View attachment 12025

I'm definitely curious to hear your thoughts on the 4.88's. I have the Revolution gears and install kit on order.

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.

dixonk

The 4.88 gears are phenomenal! I have all the power back that I had with 33s and stock wheels. I reset fuel mileage going to shop and had 15.4. On the way home same route I got 18.6mpg and it slips into 8th now whereas before I lost 8th almost entirely.

JTCO

Meme King
The 4.88 gears are phenomenal! I have all the power back that I had with 33s and stock wheels. I reset fuel mileage going to shop and had 15.4. On the way home same route I got 18.6mpg and it slips into 8th now whereas before I lost 8th almost entirely.

Do you know if those install kits came with metal-caged pinion bearings as opposed to the plastic/composite pinion bearing cages that come from the factory?