AutoPark Engaged

Jeeeep

I was backing up with the door open and the Jeep kept abruptly stopping like it was shifting into Park while moving.

The message showing was AutoPark Engaged.

As you can see in the image it was still in Reverse when this would happen and it would also happen in Drive

I'm guessing Jeep has decided in all it's wisdom that too many fucktards were falling out of their Jeeps and running over themselves when trying to move their Jeep with the doors open?

I did get around this by disconnecting the door plug.

AutoPark.jpg

dixonk

This is annoying. I flat tow my Jeep and often either get too close or not close enough for hooking up my tow bar and just need to move it forward or back a couple inches. Shouldn’t have to close the door to do that...especially on a vehicle that is built to drove without its doors on.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WWRuby_Svi

This is annoying. I flat tow my Jeep and often either get too close or not close enough for hooking up my tow bar and just need to move it forward or back a couple inches. Shouldn’t have to close the door to do that...especially on a vehicle that is built to drove without its doors on.

It will function just fine without doors. This is a safety issue and was specifically seen in the bump type shifter used in the Grand Cherokee, also Porsche and some other I believe. People thought they were in park because they weren’t use to the shifter design so when they got out the vehicle could move and people were crushed. This means big law suites and now we have a safety feature. At the end of the day, it’s not hard to close the door.

Jeeeep

It will function just fine without doors. This is a safety issue and was specifically seen in the bump type shifter used in the Grand Cherokee, also Porsche and some other I believe. People thought they were in park because they weren’t use to the shifter design so when they got out the vehicle could move and people were crushed. This means big law suites and now we have a safety feature. At the end of the day, it’s not hard to close the door.

Well, I guessed correctly on the reasoning :doh: but when you need to see the placement of the rear wheel, having the door closed defeats the purpose.

Unplugging the door is easy enough to do - IMO an unnecessary step but easy enough.

13_gecko_rubi

I did have the seatbelt off

hmm, I'm going to try and pre-buckle the belt and see if that disengages it
That will do it.

When u unplugged the door it went into the other mode which is seatbelt off and sees the seat weight sensor shift meaning you are getting up. Since you were still sitting in seat it didn't go off.

Sent via....

Jeeeep

That will do it.

When u unplugged the door it went into the other mode which is seatbelt off and sees the seat weight sensor shift meaning you are getting up. Since you were still sitting in seat it didn't go off.

Sent via....

great! good to know :thumb:

Not sure if there are any Star Trek fans here but the new Chekhov was killed when his Grand Cherokee ran him over in his garage. The internet lost its collective mind & boom now we have Auto-park. I triggered it getting out at an automatic car wash. I also had my JK roll backwards down my driveway, cross the street, and obliterate my neighbors mailbox (long story I posted to wayalife, totally my fault). I for one love autopark.