2-door rubicon project continues

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: Took me a minute to figure out what you guys were talking about. Too funny. Looks great too :thumb:

drhcobra

Got my Rockhard 4x4 sliders today and put them on. Took longer to remove the body mount bolts than to do everything else. Installed them by myself in about an hour. Very well made and very solid compared to stock.
IMG_0741.JPGIMG_0742.JPGIMG_0743.JPGIMG_0744.JPG
Here are some close ups of the mounting points.
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Onlyone

Got my Rockhard 4x4 sliders today and put them on. Took longer to remove the body mount bolts than to do everything else. Installed them by myself in about an hour. Very well made and very solid compared to stock.
View attachment 10080View attachment 10081View attachment 10082View attachment 10083
Here are some close ups of the mounting points.
View attachment 10084
View attachment 10085

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Those look great! They look better on your 2 door than they did on my 4 door.

Ricmcd

Top mount vs recessed winch

Nice! I've also got the same setup. Loving the top mount look this time around (the winch on my JK was sunken into the bumper).

What issues did you have with the recessed winch mount? I am struggling making this decision since the recessed mount would allow better air flow for cooling but the Tom mount looks better I think..

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
What issues did you have with the recessed winch mount? I am struggling making this decision since the recessed mount would allow better air flow for cooling but the Tom mount looks better I think..

Never really had any issues that I can think of with my recessed mount, except that I couldn't fit the Warn neoprene cover so I had to return it.

0000887_warn-industries-91415-winch-cover_625.jpeg

Ended up using rope cover instead.

61WM8L-VC8L._SX466_.jpg

Went with the top mount this time mostly for aesthetics. Still using the rope cover, as I don't see a need for a whole winch cover.