Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Yeti is born

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awesome - looks great!

Regarding the amount of lift you got out of the Rubicon coils, you might want to measure that again. They'll give you some lift but not quite 2" of lift let alone over that.
    My buddy just did this and got about 1.5"

Does the measurement in the lift/height difference take into account the extra height that the 33” tires added to the equation?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MoparMari View Post
    Did you swap the rubicon parts yourself? Have had the parts for a couple months but no experience in this department. More electrical if anything lol.
    I did do the swap myself, pretty straightforward. I highly recommend watching Eddie's video installing lifts on Jet Li. He includes which wrenches and sockets you will need along with torque specs. Makes the process much smoother.

It took me a 4 - 5 hours to get everything done working by myself with basic hand tools. I went slow and took my time, wasn't trying to break any speed records. If I had to do it again it would go much faster.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by darrenroos View Post
    Does the measurement in the lift/height difference take into account the extra height that the 33” tires added to the equation?

I already had the wheels on for a while, they added their own height to the Jeep. My total height with wheels and tires should be more than just the springs alone. At that time my wife said you are NOT touching the suspension! So she went out east to help her mom for about a week. I decided to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged View Post
    I did do the swap myself, pretty straightforward. I highly recommend watching Eddie's video installing lifts on Jet Li. He includes which wrenches and sockets you will need along with torque specs. Makes the process much smoother.

It took me a 4 - 5 hours to get everything done working by myself with basic hand tools. I went slow and took my time, wasn't trying to break any speed records. If I had to do it again it would go much faster.

Appreciate this. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Been Around the Block GrayBeard's Avatar
    Looking good

2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Been Around the Block CanadaJeep's Avatar
    Did you put the tires on first for awhile before the springs and shocks ? If so, how did the wheels and tires fit, any rubbing etc? Just curious about the different height with the rubicon fenders and the little thing between the fender and front bumper.
    SCOTT *lllllll*
    2018 STING GRAY JL SPORT

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJeep View Post
    Did you put the tires on first for awhile before the springs and shocks ? If so, how did the wheels and tires fit, any rubbing etc? Just curious about the different height with the rubicon fenders and the little thing between the fender and front bumper.
    Rubicon wheels and tires were on first for 2 or 3 months. I had no rubbing issues with normal driving or playing around. I cant say I never had it in full flex to be sure about rubbing then.

Been Around the Block CanadaJeep's Avatar
    Thanks for replying.
    SCOTT *lllllll*
    2018 STING GRAY JL SPORT

Great looking Jeep.

Perhaps you haven’t been on instagram, there’s already a Yeti Jeep. Not a fan of his but thought I’d let you know. Not that it matters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast