Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Yeti is born

The Yeti is born

Had my JLU Sport since April and done some basic upgrades. Sill plates, stubby antenna, Jeep all weather floor mats, added the gas cap cover, mesh top and tinted the front windows.

Then found a set of Rubicon wheels and tires to replace the stock street tires. Shortly after that I got the Rubicon suspension and installed the springs and shocks for a little over 2" of lift.

After mulling it over and wanting something I haven't seen anyone else use I decided to name the her The Yeti and had decals made.

Finally this weekend I installed a set of rock sliders and love the look and feel. Santa is bringing a Tazer mini, a pro clip phone mount and a 3rd brake light ring for behind the spare. Rock lights and light for the rear glass will go on in the spring. This Jeep thing is expensive!!! But it sure is fun! 20181215_073312.jpeg20181215_073338.jpeg20181215_073321.jpeg20181202_145557.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Looks great. Love the name.
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 12-16-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Been Around the Block CanadaJeep's Avatar
    Looking good , Great name.
    SCOTT *lllllll*
    2018 STING GRAY JL SPORT

Looks good.

Very nice! Enjoy your Jeep
    Janice

Jeep Squad:
    *Poison Ivy - 2019 Mojito! JLU Rubicon
    *Gray Jeep - 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sahara (loaner for who knows how long)
    *Scorpion - 2018 Hella Yella JLU Rubicon
    *Bambi - 2018 Gobi JKU Sahara (Daughter's)
    *Little Red - 2006 Flame Red LJ

Awesome - looks great!

Regarding the amount of lift you got out of the Rubicon coils, you might want to measure that again. They'll give you some lift but not quite 2" of lift let alone over that.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awesome - looks great!

Regarding the amount of lift you got out of the Rubicon coils, you might want to measure that again. They'll give you some lift but not quite 2" of lift let alone over that.
    It was about 2 and 1/8" once done, I didnt give it time to settle. To your point, I'm sure it settled a bit and probably closer to 1.75.

The springs came off a Rubicon with the hardtop, towing and steel bumper packages so I assumed it would give a little more height on my sport without the tow package.

More to do on it and it needs a bath!!!IMG_20180930_185859.jpeg

Thanks Eddie!

My after measurements were right after I put the parts on, I hadn't driven it beyond to center the steering wheel so it hadn't had a chance to settle. Its probably closer to 1.5" - 1.75" after settling. The springs came off a Rubicon with the hardtop, towing and steel bumper packages so I assumed it would give a little more height. Could just mean the springs are a bit more firm, not necessarily any taller to allow for compression due to weight or towing.

Either way, she looks great and thanks for the kind words! Here is a before and after of the "lift".IMG_20180930_185859.jpeg

Oh yeah, looks great for sure. Just wanted to put that out there so that others who might see this won't get the false impression that they'll get more lift than they actually will.

Fresh Catch
    Did you swap the rubicon parts yourself? Have had the parts for a couple months but no experience in this department. More electrical if anything lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast