Steel bumper recovery point install

CalSgt

Installed some additional recovery points today

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

Had probably one of the scariest power tool related accidents I've had in a long time...

Using a hole saw drilling a hole in the bottom of the bumper, the hole saw bound up, drill spun out of my grip, the cord wrapped around the handle & pinned the trigger down, the centering bit snapped off, and the drill ricocheted down into my lap binding up in my pants and shirt, once it was wound up in my pants to the point of almost stalling the motor I was able to free the cord from the trigger... All of that happened in what seemed like a split second, hurt like a bastard...

56668802260__83FB63D6-F54E-4552-8B94-8958FD15C9C1.jpg

CalSgt

It uses the outboard bumper nuts and one 10MM & one 12MM bolt to the side of the frame. The main piece is 5/8" plate, the other piece is about 3/8" thick. Sorry for the crappy picture it's raining...

IMG_2587.jpg

Jetboy

Wow that’s scary!
One of my friends lost his eye in my garage last yr to a drive shaft clip! It can happen in just a split second. Sure wish he had pick up the glasses. There were 3 pair just sitting there.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

MrGiant

Gnarly, glad it went out so good for you. Its the first time I hear something like final destination from some one.
The mounts look pretty solid and secure to the frame, nice solution. I love the stock bumper, good so many keep it on

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

I've been looking at those mounts myself. Look like they're pretty hefty. I was concerned these were gonna be shitty. I ordered the SLP Hoop off of them along with those recovery mounts :thumb: