new 44's for my sport.

Mr. Jeep

put on the MetalCloak axle skid plate,steering stabilizer on it went on easy just had to drill one 3/8 hole per directions ...
The Rubicon axle are like 1.5 wider so i had to adjust the tie rod bar for alignment, its good enough to get to the shop .
so i ordered Rubicon express lower control arms, it should help with the ride they say... maybe next year i will do a long arm kit.
IMG_3605.jpgIMG_3604.jpg

Mr. Jeep

i still need to adjust the steering stabilizer shock... looks like i need to slide it more to the driver side

13_gecko_rubi

put on the MetalCloak axle skid plate,steering stabilizer on it went on easy just had to drill one 3/8 hole per directions ...
The Rubicon axle are like 1.5 wider so i had to adjust the tie rod bar for alignment, its good enough to get to the shop .
so i ordered Rubicon express lower control arms, it should help with the ride they say... maybe next year i will do a long arm kit.
View attachment 7692View attachment 7693

Just so you know both the tie rod and drag link are longer on the JL Rubicon than the Sport/Sahara. You will want to get the right ones. Don’t run that one you adjusted with an extra 1.5” of threads sticking out.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just so you know both the tie rod and drag link are longer on the JL Rubicon than the Sport/Sahara. You will want to get the right ones. Don’t run that one you adjusted with an extra 1.5” of threads sticking out.

This^^^^ That is, unless you want to be dicking around with a bent or broken one out on the trail.

13_gecko_rubi

This^^^^ That is, unless you want to be dicking around with a bent or broken one out on the trail.
Or worse, rip out what remaining threads are left in tube cruising down freeway. I bet the threads don't even go to pinch area or if they do very close. There is a lot of thread showing there.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Or worse, rip out what remaining threads are left in tube cruising down freeway. I bet the threads don't even go to pinch area or if they do very close. There is a lot of thread showing there.

Sent via....

Yeah, that wouldn't be good. :crazyeyes:

Mr. Jeep

"Just so you know both the tie rod and drag link are longer on the JL Rubicon than the Sport/Sahara. You will want to get the right ones. Don’t run that one you adjusted with an extra 1.5” of threads sticking out.""

right on thanks for the heads up......... i wish all the jeeps just came with Dana 44's f/r ...............

Mr. Jeep

need part #

copy that...
anyway can you point in the right direction .... i need some part numbers for what i need... i called our local jeep dealer that was not much help at all he say someone might get back to me at end of the week....
i need to order this stuff today..
i do not want to spend 500-600 buck for stuff i do not need, drag link #68258759AB looks like what i need to order.$180ish
tie rod # 68309365AB,,, but this is the same as sport and rubicon...????
i need some help.........................please

JTCO

Meme King
i need some part numbers for what i need... i called our local jeep dealer that was not much help at all he say someone might get back to me at end of the week....
i need to order this stuff today..

That's a bunch of bullshit. I would call another Jeep dealer even if it's a few cities away. These parts guys should be able to get you that info over the phone and order it and even ship it to you. I buy Mopar parts from non-local dealers all the time. Main reason is that my local dealer also sucks.

Mr. Jeep

ya ,,, he din't want to go out of his way.. said he had to e-mail someone at jeep to find out.....lol
this is why i like to find my our stuff, but theirs not a lot on the web to help me out...

when i ordered the axles from mopar ...they could of told me i needed a longer drag link and tie rod bar...but that would of been to easy...lol

JLSahara

Best way is to give an online mopar dealer the VIN for a Rubicon and then he can get you all the part numbers listed for it. All Mopar Parts is good st doing that with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk