JK / TJ Coil Spacers?

tobyw

Anyone know if the front coil spacers from a JK or TJ will work on a JL? I know the factory JL coil isolators have little locating nipples on them, but pretty much every spacer lift out there has you cut those nipples off to fit the spacer in place, so I'm thinking the good ol' poly spacers we all have laying around like cord wood from Jeep builds of yesteryear will work to fine tune and level out our JL's?

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm looking to augment my RC 2.5" spacer lift with a 1/2" poly spacer intended for a TJ, to account for the sag caused by my winch/bumper combo... I am well aware that replacement coils are probably the better answer, but I don't really want to spend (waste??) the money on replacement coils because I'm perfectly happy with the ride characteristics I have right now, and to be honest, I'm overwhelmed at the aftermarket options available and don't even know how to properly go about determining what amount of lift I'd need, given all of the differences between the manufacturers? That is to say, a 3" coil from Rock Krawler is likely not going to give me the same height as a 3" coil from EVO. And is a 3" coil even really what I need? Bottom line, I just want 1/2" taller than I am right now, period.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Only up front. The rears will NOT work or at least, not a set of JK spacers. You can kind of make a set of TJ spacers work but I wouldn't recommend it.

tobyw

Here are a couple pictures from when I was mocking it up and installing the FOX shocks. Just a point of reference, both of these images have the spring completely loose in the upper mount, and the spacers/isolator are not pushed all of the way up into the spring bucket. Again, I'm not really an advocate for stacking spacers, but this was a great solution for my situation (especially since it was free :thumb: )...

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg