Snow and Tell

aust249

We just got our first decent snowfall of the year and the first one taking the JL out in. Let’s see some more Jeeps out in the snow!
IMG_7076.jpg
IMG_7087.jpg
IMG_7089.jpg
IMG_7092.jpg
IMG_7093.jpg
IMG_3225.jpg

YAHAHA

We got just a little snow over Thanksgiving.
IMG_1134.jpgIMG_6546.jpg

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

JTCO

Meme King
Hi, first time driver in Jeep during snow, how do you know when to be in 4h or 4l?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

On road or offroad driving?

4hi should be all you need for snowy streets. 4 low is really only for offroad slloooowww driving or in really deep snow uphill. Realistically 4lo is for maximum traction. If paved traffic roads are covered in snow or packed snow, 4hi is all you need.

As far as icy roads, ice is ice, and 4wd is pretty much irrelevant. A Jeep will slide on ice regardless of what mode you're in.

YAHAHA

As far as icy roads, ice is ice, and 4wd is pretty much irrelevant. A Jeep will slide on ice regardless of what mode you're in.

Great wisdom here. Most of the vehicles we see stuck in the ditches during snow storms are 4WD SUVs. In snow and ice, your tire choice is more important than your driveline choice. Snow tires on a passenger car work better than an all-train tire on a 4WD SUV.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

aust249

Hi, first time driver in Jeep during snow, how do you know when to be in 4h or 4l?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Exactly what the others have said. I’ll usually start out in 2wd and shift into 4Hi as needed. I learned snow driving in a big open parking lot and still do the same with new vehicles to see what will cause them to skid and slide etc when braking. Once you have a feel for you vehicle you will know when to brake and how hard to apply the brakes. It’s all in the feel. Plus learning how to get out of a skid when braking and steering is invaluable for snow driving.

aust249

Awesome pics everyone! We’re hoping for another blast of snow this week. And I just put 35’s on the JL this weekend so that means I’ll have to go play in the snow again. Until then... cheers!
IMG_3312.jpg