Help with wheels

Garret

Finally picked up my jeep the other day! I already have the evo stage 2 2.5" lift with king shocks and the evo tire carrier in the garage. Have a bunch of leftover stuff from my TJ like the cobra 75 and the warn zeon 10s just waiting to be installed. Already have 37x12.5r17 stt pros ready to order when price goes down again. Question is, what are you guys recommending for beadlock wheels? I love the machetes and Robby Gordon's, but there's a big difference in backspacing.
To get full articulation without rubbing (except inner fender liner) what backspacing do you guys reccomend?IMG953797.jpegIMG953799.jpegIMG953798.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

I personally will be going with the Method 105s. I like the way they look, and they are VERY light weight, 36lbs with ring (confirmed with Method themselves.) Reviews on method as a company seem to be positive, and this wheel specifically, seems to be a quality wheel.

WiscoHR

I'm curious on what backspacing is best all around to go with. Mainly the 3.5 vs the 4.75" backspacing. 3.5 seems like it may rub the fenders with uptravel on 2.5" lift

I have machetes with 3.5 bs and running Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5. At full flex they do rub the fender flares but it is very slightly. If I look at the bottom edges of the flares I can see a little of the plastic worn from the tires. But that being said it is very minimal. But I believe the 4.75 bs wheels will tuck just inside from photos I’ve seen of them.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Garret

I have machetes with 3.5 bs and running Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5. At full flex they do rub the fender flares but it is very slightly. If I look at the bottom edges of the flares I can see a little of the plastic worn from the tires. But that being said it is very minimal. But I believe the 4.75 bs wheels will tuck just inside from photos I’ve seen of them.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Do you think you would get that rub with the 12.5 wide? And you rub front and rear fenders?

NFRs2000NYC

3.5" is a tad on the high side IMHO. It seems the ideal is 4.5-4.75 for a great stance and 4.75-5 for optimal clearance. AEV for example likes to have their wheels tuck in so theirs are 5 or 5.25. I will be going with the 4.5" methods. Eddie is running 4.75s, and that's the range that I'd recommend personally.

Jeeeep

3.5" is a tad on the high side IMHO. It seems the ideal is 4.5-4.75 for a great stance and 4.75-5 for optimal clearance. AEV for example likes to have their wheels tuck in so theirs are 5 or 5.25. I will be going with the 4.5" methods. Eddie is running 4.75s, and that's the range that I'd recommend personally.

I've been looking into this for my JLU as well.

Most of what I'm reading from lift manufacturers recommend 4.5 -5.

I have KMC Machete on my 2010, 3.5". Also have a set of ATX Chamber Pro 4.06"

I will likely sell one of the sets and look for some 4.75"

I didn't think 1/2" would make a difference (that's what she said) but my 2010 hubs aren't lasting as long with the KMC as they did with the ATX :idontknow:

13_gecko_rubi

I think that's a smart call. 3.5 is to much on a Rubicon. 4.75 is pretty luck perfect for 37s. Could even go a tad deeper in if you run 12.5s.

Sent via....