Rancho vs fox

Kenzo

Hi i have installed rancho 3.5 inch lift with rs5000x shocks , my question how these shocks compare to the rs9000x and fox 2.0 ? Thank you

Jeeeep

Hi i have installed rancho 3.5 inch lift with rs5000x shocks , my question how these shocks compare to the rs9000x and fox 2.0 ? Thank you
can't answer your question but, how do you like the 3.5" lift compared to the stock ride?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

In my opinion, the 5000 are surprisingly nice riding shocks but are essentially, basic entry level shocks. What makes the 9000 so nice is that they're adjustable and you can set them to ride like 5000's, set them to be firmer to absorb bigger hits or even set them softer if so desired. In other words, the 5000's give a middle of the road performance or at least, when compared to a 9000. The Fox 2.0's are monotube shocks and are a different animal. Overall, I would say that they offer a firmer feel than a 5000 but without being uncomfortable. Where they really shine is if you do a lot of long hard driving across the desert or washboards. They will not fade the way a set of old school hydros can and do.

Kenzo

In my opinion, the 5000 are surprisingly nice riding shocks but are essentially, basic entry level shocks. What makes the 9000 so nice is that they're adjustable and you can set them to ride like 5000's, set them to be firmer to absorb bigger hits or even set them softer if so desired. In other words, the 5000's give a middle of the road performance or at least, when compared to a 9000. The Fox 2.0's are monotube shocks and are a different animal. Overall, I would say that they offer a firmer feel than a 5000 but without being uncomfortable. Where they really shine is if you do a lot of long hard driving across the desert or washboards. They will not fade the way a set of old school hydros can and do.

If i wanna upgrade what do you think i should go for 9000 or fox?

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
What will your driving style be?
If you see yourself on road a lot and hit the trails often but not boogying at high desert speeds. RS9000XL's. The ability to adjust is so nice. The 9000's is just a solid all around shock.
Now if you are zipping across the desert for a long time. Look to a monotube and possibly a remote reservoir.
:beer:

If i wanna upgrade what do you think i should go for 9000 or fox?

Last edited:

Kenzo

What will your driving style be?
If you see yourself on road a lot and hit the trails often but not boogying at high desert speeds. RS9000XL's. The ability to adjust is so nice. The 9000's is just a solid all around shock.
Now if you are zipping across the desert for a long time. Look to a monotube and possibly a remote reservoir.
:beer:

Mostly onroad and offroad but no desert at all , my jeep is bot my daily i just drive it one or two days a week and hit the trails every about 10 days

NFRs2000NYC

I still run 9000s on my JKU, 34000 miles so far, and have run them pretty hard on Wyoming washboards (50mph for like 20 miles), and they never overheated, puked fluid, and still perform well to this day.