Rear "Bumper"

JrBiem

I had removed the stock rear bumper when I relocated the license plate to the middle of the spare. Just installed the Ace hammertown rear armor that I picked up during black Friday deals. I like how it looks, plan to paint the rear pinch seam eventually. Just need to get some shackles for it.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not typically a fan of ACE but I have to say that looks pretty clean. I do like how they've added D-ring mounts to the center of the frame rails - this as opposed to having them on the outside. Got any details on how they're secured to the frame?

JrBiem

Not typically a fan of ACE but I have to say that looks pretty clean. I do like how they've added D-ring mounts to the center of the frame rails - this as opposed to having them on the outside. Got any details on how they're secured to the frame?

Darn, my search-fu was weak! I tried to find opinions of Ace on here and came up empty so thought I'd give it a whirl.

On the JL version it's all 1 piece. The section behind the D-ring mounts is boxed and slides over the frame rails. On the driver side you use the stock hardware from the factory tow hook (bottom & side). On the passenger side you use the stock bolts on the side and the hammertown armor comes with bottom hardware (a small plate with 2 threaded holes that slides into the frame rail since the holes on that side aren't threaded & washers/bolts).

Here's a couple pics, Eddie.

driver side w/ all factory hardware
driver.jpg

Passenger side w/ factory & Ace hardware
passenger.jpg

Last edited:

WiscoHR

Those bolts under the frame would get destroyed if you use your jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I have that bumper as well. Haven’t had issues catching the bolts, but I also have a hitch and hitch stinger which seems to be where I was taking all my hits in rear so far. Without a hitch it might be more likely since it doesn’t have that extra couple inches in the center.

IMG_1657.JPG

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I have that bumper as well. Haven’t had issues catching the bolts, but I also have a hitch and hitch stinger which seems to be where I was taking all my hits in rear so far. Without a hitch it might be more likely since it doesn’t have that extra couple inches in the center.

View attachment 7535

I have a hitch as well and my rear crossmember on my JK and it is bent and beat.