JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 4 | Cinder Hills to the Grand Canyon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The final days of the JLX would be one that took us to the north, all the way up into Utah and then back into Arizona again. Along the way, we'd get to play in Cinder Hills near Flagstaff, go for a hike through Antelope Canyon and learn about the Navajo culture at a fine dining establishment called, "Into the Grand". Before reaching the Bar 10 Ranch, the end of our thousand mile Journey, we would also get to take a quick trip through Zion National Park and stare down the steep canyon walls of Toroweap. We hope you enjoy our 4th and final episode of REUNION and we'd be grateful if you could LIKE it on YouTube and share it with a friend. Thanks for watching!

The first annual Nitto JL-Experience was presented by KMC Wheels. A SUPER BIG THANKS goes out to Mel and Lisa Wade for inviting Cindy and I to be a part of this epic adventure. Of course, none of this would have been possible without their awesome support crew and you might know them better as Greg Melacon, Harris Wells, Kelly Carter, Cory Peterson and Randy Byers. Sponsors of the JL-Experience and their drivers included Tom Allen from PSC, Justin Mclane from JKS, Dave Schlossberg from Synergy, CJ Breaux from Tactical Off Road and Loren Healy from Nitto. David Brumbley was the official videographer of the JL-Experience and Ali Mansour filmed the event for Nitto's Driving Line. Last but not least, a special thanks needs to go out to George, Mandy and Wyatt for opening up their property to us.

WIN RANCHO SWAG
Wanna WIN a Rancho lower control arm/shock skids for your JL Wrangler and a cool backpack too? Simply post up on our REUNION JL-Experience videos. Being that this is the last episode in our series, a WINNER will be selected next week. With any luck, that WINNER will be you! :cool:

attachment.php

UPDATE: The WINNER of the Rancho Swag Giveaway is JAGS! Congratulations! :thumb:

JTCO

Meme King
Awesome video. Looks like a cool scenic cultural exploration. However, considering myself an outdoor enthusiast, I couldn't help but notice in the beginning, Greg rolling around on asphalt in a down jacket :eek:

Was that arcteryx ?

RMC2

Wow, what a beautiful adventure.

I can’t wait to see some of that again, and some of it the first time myself.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
"I got stung by my Stinger"
My family and I are watching this right now. The ladies (my wife and daughter) are laughing uncontrollably at that line/scene. LOL!

WiscoHR

The final days of the JLX would be one that took us to the north, all the way up into Utah and then back into Arizona again. Along the way, we'd get to play in Cinder Hills near Flagstaff, go for a hike through Antelope Canyon and learn about the Navajo culture at a fine dining establishment called, "Into the Grand". Before reaching the Bar 10 Ranch, the end of our thousand mile Journey, we would also get to take a quick trip through Zion National Park and stare down the steep canyon walls of Toroweap. We hope you enjoy our 4th and final episode of REUNION and we'd be grateful if you could LIKE it on YouTube and share it with a friend. Thanks for watching!

The first annual Nitto JL-Experience was presented by KMC Wheels. A SUPER BIG THANKS goes out to Mel and Lisa Wade for inviting Cindy and I to be a part of this epic adventure. Of course, none of this would have been possible without their awesome support crew and you might know them better as Greg Melacon, Harris Wells, Kelly Carter, Cory Peterson and Randy Byers. Sponsors of the JL-Experience and their drivers included Tom Allen from PSC, Justin Mclane from JKS, Dave Schlossberg from Synergy, CJ Breaux from Tactical Off Road and Loren Healy from Nitto. David Brumbley was the official videographer of the JL-Experience and Ali Mansour filmed the event for Nitto's Driving Line. Last but not least, a special thanks needs to go out to George, Mandy and Wyatt for opening up their property to us.

WIN RANCHO SWAG
Wanna WIN a Rancho lower control arm/shock skids for your JL Wrangler and a cool backpack too? Simply post up on our REUNION JL-Experience videos. Being that this is the last episode in our series, a WINNER will be selected next week. With any luck, that WINNER will be you! :cool:

attachment.php

Great Video again and props to everyone who was involved.

But when I watched early on with Mel’s sway bar issue.

I want to throw a shout to Eddie for looking into bolt size when I lost mine in August.

IMG_1273.JPG

I was in the middle of Utah in between signal and Eddie was hit up by non stop PMs from me.

But I got it fixed at the local hardware store and headed to Top of the World. I’ve never met Eddie in person, but he spent the morning trying to help me back and forth.

That’s the sign of a great person! Hopefully some day we’ll get to wheel together!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

benatc1

Another awesome edition! Thanks for sharing, I've been helped by the bolt bag a time or 2, you're always so prepared! Thanks for bringing this to us and over the series I can tell just how much of an awesome time you had!

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

HiCenterd

Thanks for bringing us along, Eddie! Did anyone do the hill climb with the manual tranny? I'm curious if it will cut power like the auto...

GCM 2.0

Wow! What a fantastic finale for the series. I really enjoyed spending the week with you guys out on the trails, roads and taking in all the sightseeing spots. I cannot wait for our next adventure together to make more great memories. Thanks again for capturing such an incredible week on film, and then to be able to share it with everyone is just that much more impressive! Your final words before the closing are absolutely true, being around friends along this adventure was the best part.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

GCM 2.0

Thanks for bringing us along, Eddie! Did anyone do the hill climb with the manual tranny? I'm curious if it will cut power like the auto...

You know I don’t think anyone of the JL’s had a manual. I rode in most of them at some point, with the exception of Eddie and Cindy’s rig and the PSC Jeep (no room in either of those for the support crew). Here is a shot from the top of the long hill climb that was causing the Jeeps electronics to pull power out. Eddie by far had the fastest run up this. It’s no joke, deep loose “lava gravel”. You can just barely make out the Jeeps at the bottom just in front of Mel’s left shoulder.

IMG_1856.jpg

Last edited:

BillArnett

On that big cinder hill climb was it just that the transmission refused to downshift or something more complicated? My experience so far has been that everything works fine in Manual mode.

Spack

So sad this series is over. The blessing is that there’s another in the future with the best group of friends I’ve never met. Eddie, your narration is terrific and Cindy’s photography and editing even makes straight road look interesting. Terrific job and thanks for taking us along. Nitto should have hired you guys for their video.