D Ring mounts anyone?

ddays v2

Are there any options for adding D ring mounts anyone has come across? I ordered the steel bumpers, and while there are the hooks, there isn't anyplace to mount D rings.
I came across Maximus 3 mounts for the front, but the damn things are $219 a pair. Anyone have any others they've found?

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Are there any options for adding D ring mounts anyone has come across? I ordered the steel bumpers, and while there are the hooks, there isn't anyplace to mount D rings.
I came across Maximus 3 mounts for the front, but the damn things are $219 a pair. Anyone have any others they've found?

Heard the LOD bumper has d ring mounts ;) lol

ddays v2

Heard the LOD bumper has d ring mounts ;) lol

I really like the LOD, and I was waiting on Full Metal Fabworks to come out with their stubby, but I ended up ordered the steel bumpers. I really like the look of these and I plan on taking the ends off to make it a stubby, but in order to mount a winch I gotta buy the damn winch plate ($350=/-). Grrrrr. And now D-ring mounts at $200. Shit. Coulda bough the winch along with a bumper cheaper by the time I'm done. :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The steel front bumper looks great and a part of me wishes that I still had it on but yeah, everything about them is pricey.

wibornz

The exact reason I did not order the steel bumper group on my 19. For the cost of them, I got a real steel bumper with D-rings and a real rear bumper that will carry a 37 inch tire without having to add the additional Mopar brace.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
The exact reason I did not order the steel bumper group on my 19. For the cost of them, I got a real steel bumper with D-rings and a real rear bumper that will carry a 37 inch tire without having to add the additional Mopar brace.

To each their own I guess. The factory steel front bumper is the nicest looking bumper available right now in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

benatc1

To each their own I guess. The factory steel front bumper is the nicest looking bumper available right now in my opinion.

I agree, I dont have steel and want one at least the front one, but that are pricey. Haven't found another bumper I really like just yet. Plus I want to keep the stockish look for a while, so that's playing a part in it

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

I think they make the factory steel bumper out of real, like, steel. :thinking:
What rear bumper did you go with? Hopefully yours doesn't rattle like a damn dumptruck going down the road like some of them do.

I agree, I dont have steel and want one at least the front one, but that are pricey. Haven't found another bumper I really like just yet. Plus I want to keep the stockish look for a while, so that's playing a part in it

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I looked around before I ordered the Jeep but frankly was kinda surprised at how few bumper options there are out there right now. I woulda thought everyone would be jumping on the JL bandwagon early but seems a lot of companies haven't come to market yet. And buying just the factory steel bumper from a vendor would could cost the same as the option that gives you both from the dealer, so I didn't want to go that direction. Eh, I'll just buy the damn D-ring mounts & be done with it.....

13_gecko_rubi

I think they make the factory steel bumper out of real, like, steel. :thinking:
What rear bumper did you go with? Hopefully yours doesn't rattle like a damn dumptruck going down the road like some of them do.

I looked around before I ordered the Jeep but frankly was kinda surprised at how few bumper options there are out there right now. I woulda thought everyone would be jumping on the JL bandwagon early but seems a lot of companies haven't come to market yet. And buying just the factory steel bumper from a vendor would could cost the same as the option that gives you both from the dealer, so I didn't want to go that direction. Eh, I'll just buy the damn D-ring mounts & be done with it.....
I don't think the d-rings are super important. I've used the tow hooks on the factory steel bumper tons of times and never had an issue. I guess maybe I could see something if you were trying to jerk it repeatedly but again I've never had an issue.

I just picked up a Crawtek front bumper for mine as no way I was spending what the factory one costs lolreceived_1138967669595542.jpeg

Sent via....

ddays v2

I don't think the d-rings are super important. I've used the tow hooks on the factory steel bumper tons of times and never had an issue. I guess maybe I could see something if you were trying to jerk it repeatedly but again I've never had an issue.

I just picked up a Crawtek front bumper for mine as no way I was spending what the factory one costs lolView attachment 7422

Sent via....

You're right and $219 is pretty steep for a couple of mounts. I guess it's because I'm so used to using the D-rings.
That's a nice bumper!

Jeeeep

I've been looking for bumper options and add-ons.

There are a few options, but agree that prices for even the small items are :icon_crazy:

hoping 2019 offers more options and prices come down a bit.

On with the build!

VitaMeVas

Stock Steel Bumper D ring mounts

Bump on this older thread.

I have a 2019 JLU Rubicon with the front steel bumper (which I love). I can use the stock tow hooks, but I’d like some D ring mounts without too much cutting of the steel bumper. I’ve looked at the Maximus-3 and Warn D ring mounts. I’d appreciate any pics from anyone whose done this and how it turned out. I have the Warn winch mount, but I think the Warn D ring mounts take a pretty big BITE out of the stock front bumper. Any companies come up with anything different in the past 9 months? I’m not interested in changing the front bumper out. Thanks.