Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: D Ring mounts anyone?

  1. #1
    Knows a Thing or Two ddays v2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    532

    D Ring mounts anyone?

    Are there any options for adding D ring mounts anyone has come across? I ordered the steel bumpers, and while there are the hooks, there isn't anyplace to mount D rings.
    I came across Maximus 3 mounts for the front, but the damn things are $219 a pair. Anyone have any others they've found?

  2. #2
    Guy with a Red 2-Door Cozdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    Are there any options for adding D ring mounts anyone has come across? I ordered the steel bumpers, and while there are the hooks, there isn't anyplace to mount D rings.
    I came across Maximus 3 mounts for the front, but the damn things are $219 a pair. Anyone have any others they've found?
    Heard the LOD bumper has d ring mounts lol

  3. #3
    Knows a Thing or Two ddays v2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    Heard the LOD bumper has d ring mounts lol
    I really like the LOD, and I was waiting on Full Metal Fabworks to come out with their stubby, but I ended up ordered the steel bumpers. I really like the look of these and I plan on taking the ends off to make it a stubby, but in order to mount a winch I gotta buy the damn winch plate ($350=/-). Grrrrr. And now D-ring mounts at $200. Shit. Coulda bough the winch along with a bumper cheaper by the time I'm done.

  4. #4
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,391
    The steel front bumper looks great and a part of me wishes that I still had it on but yeah, everything about them is pricey.

  5. #5
    Hooked wibornz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    147
    The exact reason I did not order the steel bumper group on my 19. For the cost of them, I got a real steel bumper with D-rings and a real rear bumper that will carry a 37 inch tire without having to add the additional Mopar brace.

  6. #6
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,352
    Quote Originally Posted by wibornz View Post
    The exact reason I did not order the steel bumper group on my 19. For the cost of them, I got a real steel bumper with D-rings and a real rear bumper that will carry a 37 inch tire without having to add the additional Mopar brace.
    To each their own I guess. The factory steel front bumper is the nicest looking bumper available right now in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  7. #7
    Been Around the Block benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    To each their own I guess. The factory steel front bumper is the nicest looking bumper available right now in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I agree, I dont have steel and want one at least the front one, but that are pricey. Haven't found another bumper I really like just yet. Plus I want to keep the stockish look for a while, so that's playing a part in it

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  8. #8
    Knows a Thing or Two ddays v2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by wibornz View Post
    The exact reason I did not order the steel bumper group on my 19. For the cost of them, I got a real steel bumper with D-rings and a real rear bumper that will carry a 37 inch tire without having to add the additional Mopar brace.
    I think they make the factory steel bumper out of real, like, steel.
    What rear bumper did you go with? Hopefully yours doesn't rattle like a damn dumptruck going down the road like some of them do.

    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    To each their own I guess. The factory steel front bumper is the nicest looking bumper available right now in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    I agree, I dont have steel and want one at least the front one, but that are pricey. Haven't found another bumper I really like just yet. Plus I want to keep the stockish look for a while, so that's playing a part in it

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I looked around before I ordered the Jeep but frankly was kinda surprised at how few bumper options there are out there right now. I woulda thought everyone would be jumping on the JL bandwagon early but seems a lot of companies haven't come to market yet. And buying just the factory steel bumper from a vendor would could cost the same as the option that gives you both from the dealer, so I didn't want to go that direction. Eh, I'll just buy the damn D-ring mounts & be done with it.....

  9. #9
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    I think they make the factory steel bumper out of real, like, steel.
    What rear bumper did you go with? Hopefully yours doesn't rattle like a damn dumptruck going down the road like some of them do.





    I looked around before I ordered the Jeep but frankly was kinda surprised at how few bumper options there are out there right now. I woulda thought everyone would be jumping on the JL bandwagon early but seems a lot of companies haven't come to market yet. And buying just the factory steel bumper from a vendor would could cost the same as the option that gives you both from the dealer, so I didn't want to go that direction. Eh, I'll just buy the damn D-ring mounts & be done with it.....
    I don't think the d-rings are super important. I've used the tow hooks on the factory steel bumper tons of times and never had an issue. I guess maybe I could see something if you were trying to jerk it repeatedly but again I've never had an issue.

    I just picked up a Crawtek front bumper for mine as no way I was spending what the factory one costs lolreceived_1138967669595542.jpeg

    Sent via....

  10. #10
    Hooked wibornz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    To each their own I guess. The factory steel front bumper is the nicest looking bumper available right now in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I agree with you, but the rear bumper is terrible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •