Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D Ring mounts anyone?

D Ring mounts anyone?

Are there any options for adding D ring mounts anyone has come across? I ordered the steel bumpers, and while there are the hooks, there isn't anyplace to mount D rings.
    I came across Maximus 3 mounts for the front, but the damn things are $219 a pair. Anyone have any others they've found?

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    Are there any options for adding D ring mounts anyone has come across? I ordered the steel bumpers, and while there are the hooks, there isn't anyplace to mount D rings.
    I came across Maximus 3 mounts for the front, but the damn things are $219 a pair. Anyone have any others they've found?
    Heard the LOD bumper has d ring mounts lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    Heard the LOD bumper has d ring mounts lol
    I really like the LOD, and I was waiting on Full Metal Fabworks to come out with their stubby, but I ended up ordered the steel bumpers. I really like the look of these and I plan on taking the ends off to make it a stubby, but in order to mount a winch I gotta buy the damn winch plate ($350=/-). Grrrrr. And now D-ring mounts at $200. Shit. Coulda bough the winch along with a bumper cheaper by the time I'm done.

The steel front bumper looks great and a part of me wishes that I still had it on but yeah, everything about them is pricey.

The exact reason I did not order the steel bumper group on my 19. For the cost of them, I got a real steel bumper with D-rings and a real rear bumper that will carry a 37 inch tire without having to add the additional Mopar brace.

Quote Originally Posted by wibornz View Post
    The exact reason I did not order the steel bumper group on my 19. For the cost of them, I got a real steel bumper with D-rings and a real rear bumper that will carry a 37 inch tire without having to add the additional Mopar brace.
    To each their own I guess. The factory steel front bumper is the nicest looking bumper available right now in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    To each their own I guess. The factory steel front bumper is the nicest looking bumper available right now in my opinion.

I agree, I dont have steel and want one at least the front one, but that are pricey. Haven't found another bumper I really like just yet. Plus I want to keep the stockish look for a while, so that's playing a part in it

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wibornz View Post
    I think they make the factory steel bumper out of real, like, steel.
    What rear bumper did you go with? Hopefully yours doesn't rattle like a damn dumptruck going down the road like some of them do.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    I agree, I dont have steel and want one at least the front one, but that are pricey. Haven't found another bumper I really like just yet. Plus I want to keep the stockish look for a while, so that's playing a part in it

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I looked around before I ordered the Jeep but frankly was kinda surprised at how few bumper options there are out there right now. I woulda thought everyone would be jumping on the JL bandwagon early but seems a lot of companies haven't come to market yet. And buying just the factory steel bumper from a vendor would could cost the same as the option that gives you both from the dealer, so I didn't want to go that direction. Eh, I'll just buy the damn D-ring mounts & be done with it.....

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    I think they make the factory steel bumper out of real, like, steel.
    What rear bumper did you go with? Hopefully yours doesn't rattle like a damn dumptruck going down the road like some of them do.

I looked around before I ordered the Jeep but frankly was kinda surprised at how few bumper options there are out there right now. I woulda thought everyone would be jumping on the JL bandwagon early but seems a lot of companies haven't come to market yet. And buying just the factory steel bumper from a vendor would could cost the same as the option that gives you both from the dealer, so I didn't want to go that direction. Eh, I'll just buy the damn D-ring mounts & be done with it.....
    I don't think the d-rings are super important. I've used the tow hooks on the factory steel bumper tons of times and never had an issue. I guess maybe I could see something if you were trying to jerk it repeatedly but again I've never had an issue.

I just picked up a Crawtek front bumper for mine as no way I was spending what the factory one costs lolreceived_1138967669595542.jpeg

Sent via....

I agree with you, but the rear bumper is terrible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast