Is my gas milage too low and if it is why?

Viper

I have a 2018 sport s, and average about 15.4 MPG. Ok I get I'm not driving a Prius and I'm glad I'm not, but it down alot since last spring when I got the car as I was getting about 19.8. I went to 32.7 inch BF Goodrich a/t K02s from the stock 31.5 inch tires and removed the euro style bumper pieces. The car has about 8k on it, a fresh oil change, and the tires are at 38 psi. The door says 37 psi and the max on the tire says 80psi.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a 2018 sport s, and average about 15.4 MPG. Ok I get I'm not driving a Prius and I'm glad I'm not, but it down alot since last spring when I got the car as I was getting about 19.8. I went to 32.7 inch BF Goodrich a/t K02s from the stock 31.5 inch tires and removed the euro style bumper pieces. The car has about 8k on it, a fresh oil change, and the tires are at 38 psi. The door says 37 psi and the max on the tire says 80psi.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

If you did not adjust your speedo for the larger tires then your jeep isn’t going to read the mileage accurately.

As for tire pressure, always go by what the door says (unless you go larger and wider tires that need less air to wear evenly). The 80 psi on the tire is mainly for mounting pressure and should never be used otherwise.

You can call or email BFG with your tires model & size as well as the jeeps. They’ll tell you the correct new road pressure.

Now those tires that come on the Sport are basically slicks & they come aired up high from factory/dealer. They roll real smooth. Honestly, those little aero-bits you took off (folks SWORE the air dam on the JK was worth like .6 mpg), a larger tire with a knobby profile, and a miscalibrated computer means your numbers are definitely way different. I’m pretty sure the dealer can flash a new tire size to at least get the numbers correct.