Fox vs King

JLjeepster

Looking into getting new shocks and wanted to get peoples opinions between the Fox shocks and the King shocks. I have 2.5 inch lift on my JL.

ddays v2

I've run both on my JK and it isn't even close - Kings are the best in ride quality.
Nothing wrong with the Foxes, but the difference is definitely there. The pricing reflects it.

JLjeepster

It’s my daily driver if that sways my decision or not I don’t know. I heard the Fox shocks can be a little stiff

ddays v2

It’s my daily driver if that sways my decision or not I don’t know. I heard the Fox shocks can be a little stiff

Won't hurt either to run on a DD. I had the adjustable Foxes so I couldn't say they were stiff. But the difference in cost is there for a reason. If you have the scratch for the Kings go for it. If not, the Foxes certainly don't suck.

WiscoHR

There both quality shocks, and can be rebuilt and valves to whatever you want. I’d look for shocks that are valved for the spring your running. A lot of companies have valving set up for you to take the guesswork out of it. Like the EVO spec Kings or the Dynatrac Fox’s. Now if you just get King or Fox JL shocks you might not be as happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JLjeepster

Ohh I see. I had no clue. Sorry I’m new to all this. Thank you. I have the EVO stage 2 lift

Last edited:

MrGiant

My foxes on my YJ are too stiff for maximum ride comfort, but they are better than the Pro Comps i got with the lift. I could valve them, but no one around has equipment, gas and knowledge. I dont want to buy a whole bunch of stuff including gas bottle, filler, shim pack and tune over and over.....at least for now. But i am curious to find a way to tune them in the future

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app