Thoughts on the 2” mopar lift ?

JeepJL

Sounds good. Would make a cool end table

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

[emoji1360] I install them on the dealer rigs we sell and sales doesn’t want them so I try and stock pile the leftovers for people wanting them. They break down to a pretty small size with the clamps they use. I store jeep takeoff parts or anything else laying around the shop that will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
[emoji1360] I install them on the dealer rigs we sell and sales doesn’t want them so I try and stock pile the leftovers for people wanting them. They break down to a pretty small size with the clamps they use. I store jeep takeoff parts or anything else laying around the shop that will fit.

Awesome, well next time you install one can you get me some measurements? Are the arms really a 1/4 " longer than stock? And what is the extended length of the fox shocks? Thank you!

JeepJL

Awesome, well next time you install one can you get me some measurements? Are the arms really a 1/4 " longer than stock? And what is the extended length of the fox shocks? Thank you!

Yeah for sure. The factory front lowers factory are 24” center to center. The mopar arms are about 3/16” longer. I’ll measure the shocks, they really aren’t that much longer because of the issues they would cause if they were. Herr are my King 2.5 shocks 3-5” lift vs the factory rubicon shocks. They really don’t appear to be a lot different. That are almost 31” long. These are off my 19.
IMG_3063.jpg

olram30

Yeah for sure. The factory front lowers factory are 24” center to center. The mopar arms are about 3/16” longer. I’ll measure the shocks, they really aren’t that much longer because of the issues they would cause if they were. Herr are my King 2.5 shocks 3-5” lift vs the factory rubicon shocks. They really don’t appear to be a lot different. That are almost 31” long. These are off my 19.
View attachment 7757

Those the rear kings? For 3-5" lift?

olram30

View attachment 7757

Oops, you did say 3 to 5. Those are 30" extended.

JeepJL

Good looking shock. How do you like those rk springs?

For the price I paid for them they work great. I’ve ran EVO, RK, Synergy In the past and between them I feel it’s honestly the shock that makes 90% of the difference (on my JK), coilovers are the most adjustable but I’m not sinking $6000 In the evo kit. I learned a lot with the JKs and I love the ride of the JL. Eventually when I ready to beat it I’ll Buggy it out and throw coilovers on it. I don’t see the need for it at this time on the JL with the length of the shock towers with how I want to use it. I love EVO but the price increase pushed me to look elsewhere for now. I can tell you every JK owner I’ve let drive my JL comes back wanting to sell their JK. The high end shocks help a lot. Am I a RK fanboy? No but I’m also not a coil fan. Do they ride nice and do a good job? Absolutely and for the money especially is you don’t have to pay retail I’d recommend them. RK seems to stand behind there product, or at least in my experience with warranty. I’ve never had a spring issue before though.

olram30

For the price I paid for them they work great. I’ve ran EVO, RK, Synergy In the past and between them I feel it’s honestly the shock that makes 90% of the difference (on my JK), coilovers are the most adjustable but I’m not sinking $6000 In the evo kit. I learned a lot with the JKs and I love the ride of the JL. Eventually when I ready to beat it I’ll Buggy it out and throw coilovers on it. I don’t see the need for it at this time on the JL with the length of the shock towers with how I want to use it. I love EVO but the price increase pushed me to look elsewhere for now. I can tell you every JK owner I’ve let drive my JL comes back wanting to sell their JK. The high end shocks help a lot. Am I a RK fanboy? No but I’m also not a coil fan. Do they ride nice and do a good job? Absolutely and for the money especially is you don’t have to pay retail I’d recommend them. RK seems to stand behind there product, or at least in my experience with warranty. I’ve never had a spring issue before though.

I gotcha, springs and shocks are subjective. Just curious, running that long of a shock, did you outboard your front shocks? With the shock body next to the frame and all. Would hate to see a nice shock get a bent shaft.