Thoughts on the 2” mopar lift ?

JTCO

Meme King
Anyone having death wobble with this lift. I was looking at the rough country dual kit but not sure if it will work with the factory lift. Otherwise was looking at the falcon nexxus 2.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something has to be loose to get death wobble; it has nothing to do with any particular kit.

JTCO

Meme King
I had the dealer put it in and i have had it a couple times already between 40-50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it's not just a shimmy? It's full blown death wobble where the steering wheel shakes back and forth and won't stop until you shit your pants?

Monarch490

Good lord, the mopar kit is giving more than 2" of lift. It's giving 3- 3.5" of actual lift. This is why people are getting dick hard they can fit 37" tires with ease. The jl uses a parallel 4 link with a panhard bar. When you lift your jeep this high, it shifts the front axle around 1" to the driver side and the rear 1" to the passenger side. Also your roll center is now increased. If you want your jeep to ride like factory and back into specs, you want a raised rear track bar mount to center your axle and correct your roll center. An adjustable front track bar to center your front axle. The mopar kits front control arms are not adjustable, people are now resorting to putting these goofy dropped control arm mounts in conjunction with their "longer" arms that come with this kit. I still think they should include brake line drop brackets.
If you think that this kit magically works around basic suspension geometry then good for you. I bet you also think this kit is so awesome that it also automatically recalibrated your speedo for larger tires.
Nobody said this was a pile of shit that you bolted on to your jeep, but it is incomplete and over priced. View attachment 7823View attachment 7824

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile

Last edited:

Mud Bug

So I hate kicking a dead horse.. but I am very un-mechanically inclined and some of these topics are over my pay grade. :thinking:

Due to Jeep issues that may or may not be well known... it looks like the dealership will be installing the 2" Mopar lift onto my new jeep for me. Is this lift kit still in need of tweaking/completion or has it been improved upon since this thread started? I actually had a guy private message me on facebook to read my the riot act about this lift and how it will basically kill my jeep in the future (or I need to buy a track bar, adjustable control arms all around, and the track bar relocation bracket, he says). I don't mind if I have to tweak it to make it work, or would I be better off purchasing a different kit and swapping them out? (It is being installed on a Rubicon if that makes a difference)

Thanks in advance!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
So I hate kicking a dead horse.. but I am very un-mechanically inclined and some of these topics are over my pay grade. :thinking:

Due to Jeep issues that may or may not be well known... it looks like the dealership will be installing the 2" Mopar lift onto my new jeep for me. Is this lift kit still in need of tweaking/completion or has it been improved upon since this thread started? I actually had a guy private message me on facebook to read my the riot act about this lift and how it will basically kill my jeep in the future (or I need to buy a track bar, adjustable control arms all around, and the track bar relocation bracket, he says). I don't mind if I have to tweak it to make it work, or would I be better off purchasing a different kit and swapping them out? (It is being installed on a Rubicon if that makes a difference)

Thanks in advance!
What are your plans? Tire size? Daily driver? Hard core off road?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mud Bug

What are your plans? Tire size? Daily driver? Hard core off road?

They are putting 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on it, as well. It is technically my "daily driver" but reality is that I don't really drive anywhere 80% of the time. I had my last jeep for 7 weeks, took an 800 mile round trip in it to visit family, and it was at 1712 miles when the dealership took it. So... maybe 450-500 miles/month I am doing normally? (Math is also not my friend). The plan is to join our jeep club at least once a month going off road. This will obviously increase my monthly driving mileage. Where I live it is flat. Rausch Creek is our closest off road park in Pennsylvania, and that is probably where we would be going, the most. There is a local smaller place called Muddy Nutz that is like a mini off road park with a lot of climbing huge tires or whatever, driving in the mud pits from what I saw online. But that is not really my style so I probably won't frequent there. I think my personal skill level will keep me on greens and blues for some time at Rausch Creek.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
They are putting 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on it, as well. It is technically my "daily driver" but reality is that I don't really drive anywhere 80% of the time. I had my last jeep for 7 weeks, took an 800 mile round trip in it to visit family, and it was at 1712 miles when the dealership took it. So... maybe 450-500 miles/month I am doing normally? (Math is also not my friend). The plan is to join our jeep club at least once a month going off road. This will obviously increase my monthly driving mileage. Where I live it is flat. Rausch Creek is our closest off road park in Pennsylvania, and that is probably where we would be going, the most. There is a local smaller place called Muddy Nutz that is like a mini off road park with a lot of climbing huge tires or whatever, driving in the mud pits from what I saw online. But that is not really my style so I probably won't frequent there. I think my personal skill level will keep me on greens and blues for some time at Rausch Creek.
I'd personally go with a different kit. I personally believe you need a few more extra parts to make this kit perfect. I can't get over the fact it doesn't even include brake line drop brackets for that price.

Mud Bug

So what is happening is that my Rubicon that I had is being bought back by Chrysler, and they wanted me to pick out a new jeep from the dealership's inventory to swap out with. I did. However, the buyback company says they do the swap comparing MSRP to MSRP... and the Rubicon I picked out (with different options) is lower MSRP than what I was turning in. This was causing a hiccup in the process, and the buyback company told me to have the dealership modify my chosen Jeep (or I could order a Jeep and wait 6-8 weeks to get it) to be closer in MSRP to the original. The dealership's advice was to install the lift, change my tires, reinforce the tailgate, and relocate the license plate/3rd brake light to the spare and that would bump the MSRP up to nearly match the original.

I got the Facebook rant because this other guy is insinuating that the Mopar 2" lift that he had installed (unclear if it was DIY installed or not) onto his non-rubicon caused his jeep to fail (dead steering) and he also went through a "nightmare of a buy back" for it. So he is (not quite but kind of directly hinting at me) saying the Mopar lift will cause the same problems for me and I might have to go through this again.