Thoughts on the 2” mopar lift ?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Bowed springs? The springs aren't bowed, it was the spring perches that were the problem in the Mopar kit. If you use the $30 RockKrawler spring perches, there is no problem. My springs are perfectly straight, and ANY lift that doesn't replace the stock perches with something else is going to cause bowed springs, not just the Mopar kit.

37987996_10217234951846330_4387950975726387200_o-XL.jpg
Yes, the front springs are bowed. I'll let mopar explain. Sad you had to replace parts already.i find it hard to believe that if I don't run these RK wedges, my evo springs are gonna bow like the mopar springs.
https://youtu.be/dkb8D5HwNpY

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

offcamber

Yes, the front springs are bowed. I'll let mopar explain. Sad you had to replace parts already.i find it hard to believe that if I don't run these RK wedges, my evo springs are gonna bow like the mopar springs.
https://youtu.be/dkb8D5HwNpY

I didn't HAVE to replace anything. The factory Jeep spring perches on mine were collapsed from wheeling it. Since the Mopar perched with the kit were of the same design of the factory perches, I chose to go with the better designed RK perches. I'm not going to sweat $30. I've ridden in a JL with EVO springs and it felt too jouncy for my tasted. How much did you pay for the EVO stuff? I paid $850 for my Mopar lift and $380 for the RK parts. I've got a set of EVO arms sitting in the garage but so far I have't found a reason to install them. My jeep rides and drives great. First Jeep I've had on 37's that I can go hands off on the highway for about a half mile before it requires me to make any corrections.

JeepJL

Bowed springs? The springs aren't bowed, it was the spring perches that were the problem in the Mopar kit. If you use the $30 RockKrawler spring perches, there is no problem. My springs are perfectly straight, and ANY lift that doesn't replace the stock perches with something else is going to cause bowed springs, not just the Mopar kit.

Just so others know, there’s actually a service bulletin out on this lift from mopar the give you new updated spring perches that correct this like the RK ones. Just stop by the dealership and ask them to order the parts for you. It’s at no cost.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Can’t say I would buy a lift from one company and be happy to have to replace parts from it with another company. But I guess when people buy stuff it’s hard for them to admit that it’s not good and they should have bought something else.

olram30

I didn't HAVE to replace anything. The factory Jeep spring perches on mine were collapsed from wheeling it. Since the Mopar perched with the kit were of the same design of the factory perches, I chose to go with the better designed RK perches. I'm not going to sweat $30. I've ridden in a JL with EVO springs and it felt too jouncy for my tasted. How much did you pay for the EVO stuff? I paid $850 for my Mopar lift and $380 for the RK parts. I've got a set of EVO arms sitting in the garage but so far I have't found a reason to install them. My jeep rides and drives great. First Jeep I've had on 37's that I can go hands off on the highway for about a half mile before it requires me to make any corrections.
So you had to add another $380 of another companies parts to make your jeep ride good?

Jeeeep

which Mopar lift kit did you get for $850?

looking at the 2" for my JLU and lowest I've found is about $1300

Jeep JL

eBay has the Mopar 2” kit for 1129 and if you time it right eBay will offer 10% to 15% discounts, max 100 off. Couple things to remember, the Mopar kit is really like a 2-1/2 to 3” kit which I prefer. Also, like others have pointed out, which is no different than any other 2-3” kit, the kit works better if You add adjustable front and rear track bars. Mopar has already corrected the spring bowing issue and has worked with Fox to dial in the shocks to match the springs and the Jeep. If you only want 2”, I heard the Dynatrac kit is nice, but it ends up being about 1-1/2” if you add any weight. It also doesn’t come with track bars or new lower control arms. Good luck.

Last edited:

dward

While my fellow Wyomingite seems a little, well very critical of the mopar lift, I will have to say that after 7000 miles on my jlur I love this lift. I have wheeled 6 rated trails in Moab and Sand Mountain and this lift performs great off road. On road manners are the best I have ever experienced in a jeep, and I have owned a few jeep wranglers. So the bottom line for me is this lift performs great and I would buy it again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jeeeep

While my fellow Wyomingite seems a little, well very critical of the mopar lift, I will have to say that after 7000 miles on my jlur I love this lift. I have wheeled 6 rated trails in Moab and Sand Mountain and this lift performs great off road. On road manners are the best I have ever experienced in a jeep, and I have owned a few jeep wranglers. So the bottom line for me is this lift performs great and I would buy it again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

What size tire are you running?

Did you have to install adjustable track bars or a rear track bar bracket?

no issues with other items discussed in the thread?

I'm liking the idea of not having to spend more money in drive shafts etc...

olram30

Good lord, the mopar kit is giving more than 2" of lift. It's giving 3- 3.5" of actual lift. This is why people are getting dick hard they can fit 37" tires with ease. The jl uses a parallel 4 link with a panhard bar. When you lift your jeep this high, it shifts the front axle around 1" to the driver side and the rear 1" to the passenger side. Also your roll center is now increased. If you want your jeep to ride like factory and back into specs, you want a raised rear track bar mount to center your axle and correct your roll center. An adjustable front track bar to center your front axle. The mopar kits front control arms are not adjustable, people are now resorting to putting these goofy dropped control arm mounts in conjunction with their "longer" arms that come with this kit. I still think they should include brake line drop brackets.
If you think that this kit magically works around basic suspension geometry then good for you. I bet you also think this kit is so awesome that it also automatically recalibrated your speedo for larger tires.
Nobody said this was a pile of shit that you bolted on to your jeep, but it is incomplete and over priced. 0804st_08_z%2Brear_suspension_design%2Bpanhard_bar.jpegjeep-track-bar-out-of-alignment-diagram.jpeg

Dynatrac

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter

For what it's worth, we haven't had any of our customers tell us that the springs in our Dynatrac EnduroSport suspension system bow.

Last edited:

offcamber

Just so others know, there’s actually a service bulletin out on this lift from mopar the give you new updated spring perches that correct this like the RK ones. Just stop by the dealership and ask them to order the parts for you. It’s at no cost.

Actually the Mopar ones do not, even the updated ones. They may not initially bow, but after you wheel it, they will start to bow. The Mopar spring perches are designed poorly. My factory springs had started to slightly bow due to the factory perches had started to collapse due to their crappy plastic construction. When I saw the Mopar replacement ones were of the same construction, I swapped mine for the RockKrawler perches.

Actually the Mopar ones do not, even the updated ones. They may not initially bow, but after you wheel it, they will start to bow. The Mopar spring perches are designed poorly. My factory springs had started to slightly bow due to the factory perches had started to collapse due to their crappy plastic construction. When I saw the Mopar replacement ones were of the same construction, I swapped mine for the RockKrawler perches.

I just was in rock krawler today and bought these perches very friendly and knowledgeable win in my book. Well put together shop with all necessary tooling to build whatever you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mopar springs ARE a softer spring rate / frequency tho. That is another reason they are bowing not just mis-alignment of perches.

Anyone having death wobble with this lift. I was looking at the rough country dual kit but not sure if it will work with the factory lift. Otherwise was looking at the falcon nexxus 2.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk