Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Thoughts on the 2” mopar lift ?

Quote Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
    Bowed springs? The springs aren't bowed, it was the spring perches that were the problem in the Mopar kit. If you use the $30 RockKrawler spring perches, there is no problem. My springs are perfectly straight, and ANY lift that doesn't replace the stock perches with something else is going to cause bowed springs, not just the Mopar kit.

For what it's worth, we haven't had any of our customers tell us that the springs in our Dynatrac EnduroSport suspension system bow.
    Last edited by Dynatrac; 12-26-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepJL View Post
    Just so others know, there’s actually a service bulletin out on this lift from mopar the give you new updated spring perches that correct this like the RK ones. Just stop by the dealership and ask them to order the parts for you. It’s at no cost.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Actually the Mopar ones do not, even the updated ones. They may not initially bow, but after you wheel it, they will start to bow. The Mopar spring perches are designed poorly. My factory springs had started to slightly bow due to the factory perches had started to collapse due to their crappy plastic construction. When I saw the Mopar replacement ones were of the same construction, I swapped mine for the RockKrawler perches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
    For what it's worth, we haven't had any of our customers tell us that the springs in our Dynatrac EnduroSport suspension system bow.
    No bow on my Endurosport :-).

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
    Actually the Mopar ones do not, even the updated ones. They may not initially bow, but after you wheel it, they will start to bow. The Mopar spring perches are designed poorly. My factory springs had started to slightly bow due to the factory perches had started to collapse due to their crappy plastic construction. When I saw the Mopar replacement ones were of the same construction, I swapped mine for the RockKrawler perches.
    I just was in rock krawler today and bought these perches very friendly and knowledgeable win in my book. Well put together shop with all necessary tooling to build whatever you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
    No bow on my dynatrac lift!

Fresh Catch
    The mopar springs ARE a softer spring rate / frequency tho. That is another reason they are bowing not just mis-alignment of perches.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678