Thread: Thoughts on the 2” mopar lift ?

Thoughts on the 2” mopar lift ?

What are your thoughts on the mopar lift. Made by the people who designed the Jeep. Fox shocks. How would you compare it to let’s say a metalcloak lift.

Never ridden in a JL with a MetalCloak lift so I couldn't speak with any authority about how it feels but the Mopar kit is a good kit. You do need to know that it will give you more than 2" of lift though. Between the two, I personally would go with the Mopar kit if only because it comes with 2.5 shocks and rides nicely.

I haven't heard too much overly positive stuff about Metalcloak in general, but what's your plans for the Jeep? Tire size, type of use, etc?

I have been hearing metalcloak is all hype also heard of the spring bow with the mopar kit needs to be addressed i have been looking at the icon lift and the jks lift also been looking at the rancho with the rs 9000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklynmonster730 View Post
    I have been hearing metalcloak is all hype also heard of the spring bow with the mopar kit needs to be addressed i have been looking at the icon lift and the jks lift also been looking at the rancho with the rs 9000

The Rancho 3.5" lift with 9000 long travel shocks is what we're running now. If you watch our JLX videos, you can see what it's capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I haven't heard too much overly positive stuff about Metalcloak in general, but what's your plans for the Jeep? Tire size, type of use, etc?
    Daily driver 98% road. 35’s possibly 37’s

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniecash444 View Post
    Daily driver 98% road. 35’s possibly 37’s
    Based on that, I might recommend the Dynatrac 2" lift. Perfect setup for 35's and light duty 37's and it provides an excellent ride.

Been Around the Block GrayBeard's Avatar
    I'm currently running the 2" Mopar Lift and 37s. I have no complaints. I do get some minor rubbing at full articulation, but nothing serious, otherwise its great. The ride is very comfortable, rides better than factory in my opinion.

I ran a Mopar 4" lift on my JKU with 35s and had no issues at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Last edited by GrayBeard; 12-07-2018 at 05:24 PM.
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklynmonster730 View Post

A couple of shops local to me were pushing JKS for JKs & I’ll admit everything looked high quality. Lots of folks love Rancho, but I’ve never seen the Icon on a Jeep, only Tacomas. They look like the real deal, but I’ve never even met anyone who’s ridden in one.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniecash444 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the mopar lift. Made by the people who designed the Jeep. Fox shocks. How would you compare it to let’s say a metalcloak lift.
    I'd skip both. Mopar is incomplete. Mc, they are good at marketing with their infomercials.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app