JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 3 | From the Hualapai Mountains to Sedona

GCM 2.0

JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 3 | Overland Expedition Across Arizona

I am surprised that no one carries a jack stand.......

As wayoflife said, they take up too much room.....and are really just plain awkwardly shape. However! There is always the makeshift jack stand everyone of us carry’s with us, in fact we all carry 5 of them. It’s called a tire, usually the tire/rim you have removed can be thrown flat under the rig to give you more of a saftey net.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

BillArnett

The JL didn't shift off the jack, if you listen carefully, you can "hear" a *ping* just as the jack gave out. You can even hear the jack having issues as Kelly tries to raise the Jeep a bit higher and Harris comments about how it didn't sound good. A scissor jack really should never be used to work on a Jeep especially being one that is MUCH TALLER and heavier than stock - what a scissor jack was made for.

Yeah, we got lucky for sure. If you're gonna lift your Jeep and carry a LOT more weight, you really should carry a jack that can accommodate both...

Just exactly what part of the jack failed?

JAGS

As wayoflife said, they take up too much room.....and are really just plain awkwardly shape. However! There is always the makeshift jack stand everyone of us carry’s with us, in fact we all carry 5 of them. It’s called a tire, usually the tire/rim you have removed can be thrown flat under the rig to give you more of a saftey net.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Isaac!! Lol. Love the avitar and glad to have the 2.0 version around. [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

This ^^^^. No need for a jack stand, a tire/rim under the frame rail IS all that's needed.

The deer at the beginning was soooooo cool. Another great video Cindy and Eddie!

It really was cool but kinda sad as well. We would come to find that the deer and elk in the area are super friendly because tourists tend to feed them. This is really the worst thing you can do being that they end up starving in the winter. Glad you enjoyed our video. :)

Another outstanding video!! Always leaving me wanting more. Keep up the good work.

Thank you, we really do appreciate it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Goes it without saying, another fantastic video, thank you

So glad you enjoyed it, thank you :)

Just exactly what part of the jack failed?

Not sure. Looking at it quickly after the fact, could have been the crank mechanism, could have been that the jack warped or twisted under the weight. It was really the least of our concerns at the time.

Great video once again :thumb: Glad no one was hurt when the jack failed :eek:

Thank you. We all got lucky for sure.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Cindy/Eddie, I cannot emphasize enough how grateful I am that you were both there to capture it all for everyone. I am always amazed at how you completely capture the feeling of the entire trip on film. Something not very easy to do.
Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Gotta concur with GCM. Cindy and Eddie are able to capture the essence of the Wrangler experience like I've never seen anywhere else. Well done, and much appreciated. :thumb:

LauraRose

I know that the JLX is presented by Nitto, but I couldn't help but notice that Eddie's & Cindy's STT Pros crawled right up over the rocks with very minimal (to no) loss of traction compared to the Ridge Grapplers & Trail Grapplers... just say'n.

Glad nobody got hurt when the jack failed.

Laura Rose from PA

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is awesome!!! Thanks a lot Eddie!!

You bet! :cool:

Nice teamwork at the end of this video, thanks for sharing

Just good friends having a good time :yup:

Gotta concur with GCM. Cindy and Eddie are able to capture the essence of the Wrangler experience like I've never seen anywhere else. Well done, and much appreciated. :thumb:

Thank you, we're truly flattered and so glad to hear you can enjoy our videos for what they are.

I know that the JLX is presented by Nitto, but I couldn't help but notice that Eddie's & Cindy's STT Pros crawled right up over the rocks with very minimal (to no) loss of traction compared to the Ridge Grapplers & Trail Grapplers... just say'n.

Glad nobody got hurt when the jack failed.

Laura Rose from PA

We've run Nitto's in the past and they're good tires. That being said, we do prefer our Coopers.