Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: MOPAR tailgate reinforcement Kit ( bad Bolts )

  1. #1

    MOPAR tailgate reinforcement Kit ( bad Bolts )

    Tried to install last weekend mopar tailgate reinforcement kit . There are 4 bolts ( T45 ) that you need to torque down to 35 pt .
    During the attempt to torque the bolts 2 of them got demanded ( stripped ) I guess do to a poor quality .
    After researching this issue online I found more and more people with the same problem so I said Iíll share the solution for those who get stuck on the same issue...

    Mopar original bolts are expensive and there are substitutes that you can buy online, here are some pictures..

    You can get them online from Bolt Dipot.com


    IMG_8627.JPGIMG_8631.jpgIMG_8631.jpgIMG_8632.jpgIMG_8687.JPGIMG_8686.JPGIMG_8686.JPG
    Last edited by AlexJL; 12-06-2018 at 09:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Knows a Thing or Two MrGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    552
    Thanks for sharing and your work telling us prices and everything about this swap. 45lbft for those bolts? Pretty high torque for that grade, but if it holds up, great

    Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

  3. #3
    Knows a Thing or Two CanadaJeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    631
    Thanks for sharing.
    SCOTT *lllllll*
    2018 STING GRAY JL SPORT
    2" AEV spacer lift and 35 x 12.5

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGiant View Post
    Thanks for sharing and your work telling us prices and everything about this swap. 45lbft for those bolts? Pretty high torque for that grade, but if it holds up, great

    Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Sure thing, itís 35lbft ... the original bot size is T45 .. Image1544139707.290175.jpgImage1544139720.282200.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJeep View Post
    Thanks for sharing.



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #6
    Knows a Thing or Two WiscoHR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJL View Post
    Sure thing, itís 35lbft ... the original bot size is T45 .. Image1544139707.290175.jpgImage1544139720.282200.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    So you stripped the bolts. I thought you said you snapped them. I had the reinforcement for a while and my bolts are fine.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #7
    Yeah , sorry stripped them . I searched a little online an saw more people with the same problem... so I just ordered a different bolts


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  8. #8
    Knows a Thing or Two MrGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    552
    Ah ok, I also thought you had two halfes of s bolt during install. Stripping is a different story

    Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

  9. #9
    Fresh Catch JL_selena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Long beach
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHR View Post
    So you stripped the bolts. I thought you said you snapped them. I had the reinforcement for a while and my bolts are fine.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    My bolts are fine also. Didnt strip any of the bolts

    Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  10. #10
    Hooked DavidDJL69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    174
    The tailgate gets the reinforcement with the Mopar upgrade but the hinges remain the same? Thatís why I went with EVOís upgrade so I can run 37ís and not have to worry about the stock hinges warping or failing.


    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •