Thread: Seat adjustment

Caught the Bug

Seat adjustment

Anyone else feel like the JL seat doesn't slide back as far as the JK?

I feel like I'm not as far back as I feel in the JK.

Iím 6ft and donít seem to have an issue, I also donít like being too far back so that could be it to. I didnít sit all the way back in either. Have you adjusted you steering wheel extension?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Seat adjustment

I didnít notice that on the drivers side. On the passenger side I feel like itís too close but I felt that way with the JK.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by WWRuby_Svi View Post
    Iím 6ft and donít seem to have an issue, I also donít like being too far back so that could be it to. I didnít sit all the way back in either. Have you adjusted you steering wheel extension?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    The steering wheel is all the way in.

something to get used to I suppose

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    I didnít notice that on the drivers side. On the passenger side I feel like itís too close but I felt that way with the JK.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    passenger side does feel closer as well.

I also noticed this. I think it's the overall positioning of the dash/steering wheel/seat. It's different than in the JK. I thought it was just me self consciously expecting it to be exactly like a JK when I first got in it.
    Feels like the steering wheel is closer to the windshield.

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    I also noticed this. I think it's the overall positioning of the dash/steering wheel/seat. It's different than in the JK. I thought it was just me self consciously expecting it to be exactly like a JK when I first got in it.
    Feels like the steering wheel is closer to the windshield.
    Ya the dash is dropped and pushed fwd several inches in both directions. A lot of it is perception. The actual seating position is within mm of the JK.

Sent via....

You know what drove me nuts? I couldnít position myself to see all the numbers on the speedo & tach at the same time. Iím over it now, but ughhhhhhhh my anxiety was through the roof. I had the seat leaned back like a low rider at one point.

Caught the Bug
    The dash being so close is giving my knees claustrophobia as I prefer to be a little more stretched. Feels like I'm in a plane and nowhere to move my legs.

I did notice the seat slide rail appears to have other mounting points to gain maybe 2" ...probably my wishful thinking lol

I've also noticed the seat belt is shorter, probably because of the new mounting location.

Now that I've been driving it a few days, I'm enjoying everything else about the JL except the 2 things that relate to driving/sitting comfort.

I'm sure there are solutions to solve this and dammit I'll find them.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    The dash being so close is giving my knees claustrophobia as I prefer to be a little more stretched. Feels like I'm in a plane and nowhere to move my legs.

I did notice the seat slide rail appears to have other mounting points to gain maybe 2" ...probably my wishful thinking lol

I've also noticed the seat belt is shorter, probably because of the new mounting location.

Now that I've been driving it a few days, I'm enjoying everything else about the JL except the 2 things that relate to driving/sitting comfort.

I'm sure there are solutions to solve this and dammit I'll find them.
    My mother in law had an 02 TJ and the seat never went back far enough. Our TJ is an 04 and doesn't have the same problem. Maybe Jeep will fix this like they did back then.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.