Seat adjustment

Jeeeep

...Check the 19s and you may notice a difference...
Sent via....

did I buy too soon?? :doh:

lol nah.

I made a 300 round trip mile trip yesterday @ 75mph and according to the gauges, averaged 20.5mpg!

haven't had that kind of mileage in some time and didn't have to make the usual Buc-ee's stop.

Well, going to have to take care of that and throw some 37's on :cheesy:

Elickzer

There is definitely something wrong with the seat to dash relationship. I cannot see the top of the instrument panel unless I scrunch down which is ridiculous and I am only 5'9". I had no trouble seeing the entire instrument panel in our 2013 JK or any other of the many cars/trucks we have had over the years. In our new JL I have to put the seat as far down as possible and lean the back way back to see the top of the instrument panel but I don't like leaning back that far so I have to put up with scrunching down which sucks.

Other than that and some of the ridiculous safety crap like ESS and AutoPark (both of which I disabled), we absolutely love the JL. :)

I loose the top part of the cluster. It is really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

offcamber

I'll bet ya $1 that the JL seat at lowest setting and JK seat at lowest setting are within a mm or two of each other from floor :)

The dash is 4" lower so it feels like you are much higher. Which seats do you have, leather or cloth? I am 6'4" and I've noticed in my cloth Sport I have more clearance to sound bar than I do in Leather seats on Sahara/Rubicon. Over time I'm sure they would all be same as seat foam breaks in.

Sent via....

Then they lowered the roof. My head never hit the roof or the sound bar in my JK, but the sound bar extends 2" into my head motion range on the JL. If I tilt my head sideways I can press my temple flat against the bottom of the sound bar. I moved my sister in laws JK the other night and the first thing I noticed was how much more headroom I had in the JK than I do in the JL.

Jeeeep

Finally got the seat belt replaced at the dealer and it now matches the passenger side length.

I can now move in the seat and not feel like I'm in a choke hold :thumb:

Also no longer need to flip the seatbelt off my shoulder to reach the dials :rock:

I did ask if the seatbelt was actually short or just stuck and not pulling out all the way, I was told it was that short

Glad it's fixed and now to figure out how to get the driver seat to slide back a bit more.

Finally got the seat belt replaced at the dealer and it now matches the passenger side length.

Also no longer need to flip the seatbelt off my shoulder to reach the dials :rock:

I did ask if the seatbelt was actually short or just stuck and not pulling out all the way, I was told it was that short

Glad it's fixed and now to figure out how to get the driver seat to slide back a bit more.

Im 6,4 200 and havent experienced anything like what you are describing. In fact just got back from a 7 hour drive and was amazed at the lack of fatigue in the seat.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

That is weird that it was cut short. Hard to imagine that is the case and not that it was just stuck. I think I still would believe it was just stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jeeeep

Im 6,4 200 and havent experienced anything like what you are describing. In fact just got back from a 7 hour drive and was amazed at the lack of fatigue in the seat.

I have to admit not having the seatbelt confining me so much has made a big difference.

While I'd still like to have the seat slide back a bit more, it's definitely more comfortable now.