Steersmarts......quality stuff?

NFRs2000NYC

Just trying to plan some mods, and wanted to know what you guys think of steermarts in terms of quality? Looking at their Yeti trackbar, tierod, draglink. Watched some of their own testing videos, and it seems like their products are far superior in terms of durability to most, but I'm also weary of great marketing (although I had to search that video out)....so I figured I'd ask the people that don't bullshit....what say you guys?

JTCO

Meme King
Anyone can make money by looking good on camera. Just look at Hollywood and Congress. Doesn't mean they have ethics or character. Steer Smarts can suck a Yeti.

NFRs2000NYC

SteerSmarts can stick it where the sun don't shine.
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/34385-STEER-SMARTS-has-been-Removed-from-WAYALIFE

While they may make a good product, I would never recommend them to anyway for the way they behaved on WAYALIFE. Besides, there are plenty of other companies that make just as good of steering products if not better.

Sigh, too bad. I just don't understand why companies don't just want to sponsor a forum with a massive base of customers. Too bad.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sigh, too bad. I just don't understand why companies don't just want to sponsor a forum with a massive base of customers. Too bad.

So that it isn't missed, none of this has anything to do with sponsorship. Nobody invited them to be on my forum and nobody asked them to break our rules. THEY are the ones who found us and THEY are the ones who decided it would be beneficial for them to pimp their products. When asked POLITELY to contact me before continuing to pimp, they refused and continued to pimp anyway. Of course, if you take the time to read the thread, you will see exactly how it all played out. We have scores of manufacturers and vendors who have and still do participate on my forums and without any issue being that they're just hear to be a part of the community and leave shop talk out of discussions. It is the reason why most people don't even know who they are. There are other companies that work with me directly to help get information out and I'm always all to happy to do it EVEN IF they aren't an advertiser. However, if a company behaves the way SteerSmarts chose to behave, I will always be sure to let everyone know.

Jeeeep

IMO all marketing.

I bought it for my JK before they pulled their bullshit on Wayalife.

That aside, the ends didn't last as long as I would expect and I don't wheel as much as I'd like to.

Replacement parts are expensive!

I pulled the parts and went with Currie CurrectLync (for JK)

When/if it comes time to change up the JL, Currie Extreme, the parts that use the tie rod end cartridge looks interesting.