Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fresh start.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Last jeep I had nitto trail grapplers. Good tire. But I live in Wyoming, honestly they sucked on the ice. I think it's because of the lack of siping. (None).. I thought about the nitto ridge grappler, but since I've been gone it looks like everyone is running the cooper discoverer sst pro. I thought to myself, I'll look into these. I'm impressed with the price right off the bat. A 37" for 270 bucks each? I've never ran a set, only by what I've seen online. Plus there is siping! I hate doing this, (going by what I've seen only online) but I think this might be the tire I'm looking for. Affordable, siping for the shit Wyoming roads and really tough on the trail. So 37x12.5x17 is my final choice. Where's the best place to buy these? Discount tire still? Now to choose the rims.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Last jeep I had nitto trail grapplers. Good tire. But I live in Wyoming, honestly they sucked on the ice. I think it's because of the lack of siping. (None).. I thought about the nitto ridge grappler, but since I've been gone it looks like everyone is running the cooper discoverer sst pro. I thought to myself, I'll look into these. I'm impressed with the price right off the bat. A 37" for 270 bucks each? I've never ran a set, only by what I've seen online. Plus there is siping! I hate doing this, (going by what I've seen only online) but I think this might be the tire I'm looking for. Affordable, siping for the shit Wyoming roads and really tough on the trail. So 37x12.5x17 is my final choice. Where's the best place to buy these? Discount tire still? Now to choose the rims.

You will really like them in the snow Marlo. They grip really well.

I still use discount tire and always recommend them as Iím sure you know their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    You will really like them in the snow Marlo. They grip really well.

I still use discount tire and always recommend them as Iím sure you know their reputation.
    I was shook by the price. I could have swore I paid close to 500 bucks a tire for nitto last time. This is almost a steal.

Next is the lift kit. I don't usually buy off the shelf kits. I'm used to the Frankenstein kits. But I'm trying to keep things simple. I'm giving myself a week to decide. Evo, Rancho, dynatrac (I just want the duffel bag) and even the mopar (doesn't look like a rebrand of teraflop)

You'll really like the Coopers. LOL, I have personally road tested them in Wyoming on I-80 in a total shit storm before they closed it down a couple winters ago. I had zero issues with traction, which is unusual for a M/T tire.

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    You'll really like the Coopers. LOL, I have personally road tested them in Wyoming on I-80 in a total shit storm before they closed it down a couple winters ago. I had zero issues with traction, which is unusual for a M/T tire.
    Wyoming sucks, not just I-80, but local roads in my town. They don't plow.

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Wyoming sucks, not just I-80, but local roads in my town. They don't plow.

LOL, I wasn't gonna say anything but I came to that conclusion. Got stuck in Cheyenne for a day & a half and none of the roads were cleared. I was afraid to do any exploring because I didn't want to be the asshole that showed up on the next days news.

I run the coopers here. They're decent in the snow. I use to commute from here to Laramie at least once a week (prior to the jeep). As soon as you cross the Wyoming border, the roads go to shit in the winter. Even the antelope won't go on pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    LOL, I wasn't gonna say anything but I came to that conclusion. Got stuck in Cheyenne for a day & a half and none of the roads were cleared. I was afraid to do any exploring because I didn't want to be the asshole that showed up on the next days news.
    It's murder here in rawlins. Pretty much stay put until spring.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast